The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Would they f**k.

😂

Real talk: I reckon we're finishing above you this year. Not suggesting you'll struggle, I think we'll both be upper end of the bottom half. But we'll be above you*.

* Unless the league is called early: we're planning on winning all of our final eight games and charging up the table at the death.

Edited by Coventry Saint

20 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

😂

Real talk: I reckon we're finishing above you this year. Not suggesting you'll struggle, I think we'll both be upper end of the bottom half. But we'll be above you*.

* Unless the league is called early: we're planning on winning all of our final eight games and charging up the table at the death.

You might get further up the league but to be honest our eyes are on 3rd.

On the striker front, I fully expect Goodwin to go after Bayo on loan again. Celtic bringing in another striker and would end up being 5th choice after Edouard, Klimala, Griffiths, etc. 

Edited by ulysses

39 minutes ago, ulysses said:

On the striker front, I fully expect Goodwin to go after Bayo on loan again. Celtic bringing in another striker and would end up being 5th choice after Edouard, Klimala, Griffiths, etc. 

After the years of him scoring against us, it'd be nice to land Griffiths on loan. If he was to go out, it wouldn't be to us though.

Fraser is signed. I'll not name the photographer who has since deleted his tweet of the obligatory scarf and shirt photos that he posted too early to spare his blushes!

Another good signing, proven performer at this level.

This must be one of the most experienced squads we’ve ever had.

Things looking good, buzzing for Saturday [emoji1316]

No doubt be brought back to earth with a bump [emoji28]

Interesting that Fraser has been given squad number 22 when number 3 remains available. 🤔

If he was given squad number 3, I'd be confident our defensive recruitment was done but now I'm not so sure. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Interesting that Fraser has been given squad number 22 when number 3 remains available. 🤔

If he was given squad number 3, I'd be confident our defensive recruitment was done but now I'm not so sure. 

I heard we retired the number 3 jersey in honour of Calum Waters.:rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Tait was originally signed to play rightback with the intention been for a new leftback to be number 3.

Hopefully we find some obscure, foreign striker and give him number 3 for ultimate cult hero status.

SMISA posting updates from the Zoom Q&A with Goody and Tony.

Left backs we identified were too expensive in the current market, suggests Tait is more than comfortable there. I guess that doesn’t mean we won’t go in for a proper LB?

Won’t be able to sign Jakubiak, too expensive despite being a free agent.