The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

So what are peoples reckoning for tomorrow? 

Aside from impending Jakubiak, I was wondering if we'd get another player in. Goodwin had mentioned wanting to replace Magennis but I get a feeling he may well have done that in signing Hodson to allow Flynn to go back into midfield. 

Got a feeling aside from McGinn's confirmation and Erhahon to Barnsley on loan, we might also see one of Danny Mullen and Cody Cooke depart. Possibility of Djorkaeff still as well, so that is potentially up to 4 players going tomorrow. 

Will we nip in for a last minute signing if this all comes together? I dare say that Jakubiak kills the apparent interest in Tony Watt (unless both Cooke and Mullen leave which is unlikely) but just maybe another loan deal could be in the offing?

If we let Broadfoot go we 100% need another centre half, at least. We no longer have a full back who can cover there. We can’t rely on Mackenzie - he’s also past it at this level. It would leave us in danger of having another defensive crisis with only 1 or 2 injuries.

Edit: I forget about Foley being able to play there but really we are a better team with him in midfield.

Paul McGinn....Right back.....Scotland...I will have a pint if whatever you have been drinking !

A good bit of business by the club right enough but let's not kid ourselves with this Hodgson is better than McGinn bollocks, 
Personally I'm a bit gutted Paul's going to Hibs but there a far bigger club and is a really good move for him, also I wouldn't be surprised if he forces himself into the Scotland squad we're hardly spoilt for choice at RB.

14 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

If we let Broadfoot go we 100% need another centre half, at least. We no longer have a full back who can cover there. We can’t rely on Mackenzie - he’s also past it at this level. It would leave us in danger of having another defensive crisis with only 1 or 2 injuries.

Edit: I forget about Foley being able to play there but really we are a better team with him in midfield.

He might not be about to rely on this time tomorrow...

But yeah...Centre forward, centre half and a midfielder needed.

19 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

To be fair, Foley covered there once against a Kilmarnock side so inept one of us could probably have played there and got through it. I wouldn't like to be relying on him there against a team that would actually put us under pressure.

16 minutes ago, GAD said:

To be fair, Foley covered there once against a Kilmarnock side so inept one of us could probably have played there and got through it. I wouldn't like to be relying on him there against a team that would actually put us under pressure.

Killie were rubbish but even then he had the cigar out. 

I'd be tempted to take a some of cash for Broadfoot too if it's £30/40k. If he doesn't want to be here then so be it. 

Need to get another centre half in. Perhaps phone Hull and say we'll take McLaughlin back if we give him another week off!

7 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Killie were rubbish but even then he had the cigar out. 

I'd be tempted to take a some of cash for Broadfoot too if it's £30/40k. If he doesn't want to be here then so be it. 

Need to get another centre half in. Perhaps phone Hull and say we'll take McLaughlin back if we give him another week off!

I don't know, I just think Broadfoot is the best defender at the club right now and that experience could be massive for us when it comes to the crunch. Just thinking about last season, and especially the play offs when it was McKenzie then Ferdinand that really stepped up and dragged us through when the chips were down and Baird and Popescu were wobbling.

If Broadfoot leaves we have to bring in another defender. The two young guys have looked decent so far but we have no cover aside from the permanently-crocked MacKenzie. We can't play Foley there long term as we need him in midfield and Glover seems to have vanished since the game against Livingston. We should be keeping Broadfoot and telling Killie to f**k off considering he's still got 18 months left on his contract.

If the Watford guy comes in you have to assume one of Mullen or Cooke is on their way. We don't need five strikers, even if the plan is to use Morias out wide.

Goodwin had mentioned wanting to replace Magennis but I get a feeling he may well have done that in signing Hodson to allow Flynn to go back into midfield. 

Goodwin is quoted as saying that Hodson will play midfield, as Ryan Flynn is first choice RB, even if McGinn had stayed.

You would have to assume
broadfoot has suggested he wants to go back to Killie, bit weird / cheeky / arrogant otherwise for them to come back in so soon after leaving?

He’s been excellent since he’s arrived, and wouldn’t want to lose him, especially to strengthen another relegation rival