The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Div now tweeting that McAllister could be in in time for Sunday. He doesn't go straight into the team, for me, but still a hell of a boost to have him back.

Now, about that left back...

He doesn’t go straight into the team ? Aye he fucken does even if he’s only 70% fit ....😂

The only time I've ever been itk about a signing was when my mum told me months in advance that Stephen Thompson had signed because she knew his mum. It was a good feeling, I'd like to be itk again someday.

12 minutes ago, GAD said:

The only time I've ever been itk about a signing was when my mum told me months in advance that Stephen Thompson had signed because she knew his mum. It was a good feeling, I'd like to be itk again someday.

My mate who works at the shirt lettering place is leaving at the end of this month. That's the closest I've ever come to being ITK. In fairness, the last batch he gave me were N, D and R about two weeks before Andreu was confirmed.

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Oh well, another new striker needed - well, it's on the Twitter so it must be genuine...

Demented Zebra is already burning his "Mullen" shirt in the back garden.

12 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

It's been a very quiet week will we sign anyone this week LB and Striker definitely needed soon. And hopefully Kyle those 3 spots and we should be good to go.

I think we'll get by for now with the two strikers we have, given we only play with one anyway. I do still hope a big target man comes in, but even if it doesn't happen until the last minute then I won't be too fussed.

I think we'll get by for now with the two strikers we have, given we only play with one anyway. I do still hope a big target man comes in, but even if it doesn't happen until the last minute then I won't be too fussed.
I think Obika can be that target man. Even last week when he probably wasn't match fit, he was winning headers, holding up the ball and looking solid as fuck

25 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

For the most part thought the team looked quite solid on Saturday also looked dangerous on the counter attack. A left back must be a priority but I'm sure we would get by without one for another week.

Edited by Demented Zebra