The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Why was Darren Jackson employed as assistant manager while he was still actively working as an agent. 

Its funny how the Scottish media clique never questioned Stubbs sheer incompetence as a manager nor his distinct lack of ability to sign even one decent player. I reckon it will take Jim Goodwin at least 2 years to repair the effects of the Stubbs debacle.

Oran Kearney made a good fist of repairing much of the Stubbs damage in a pretty short space of time. Goodwin needs six or seven decent signings to make a fist of it himself, otherwise he’ll struggle. Pep Guardiola would struggle if we don’t bolster this squad as it stands.

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Not quite sure what you mean by that. Heaton has never played full-time professional football in his life. When we sent him to Kidderminster he could not even get a game with them. It is like signing someone from Paisley & District Amateur League and saying he deserves a chance with full-time professionals. Heaton simply was nowhere near good enough to be a professional player. He got a better chance than his ability allowed. The only surprise is why he was signed in the first place.

What I meant by it was it should have been up to Goodwin to decide what to do with him - and all the other members of the squad - rather than the club hierarchy deciding he was getting binned.

Anyway, it's a moot point as he's going/gone. Very frustrating how it's all gone considering we paid a heft whack for him, even if it wasn't the full £75k. I think that's the main reason I keep banging on about giving him a chance, if we'd signed him for nothing I wouldn't care a jot.

Edited by Stu

40 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Why we letting him leave for free? Surely all the other clubs are still interested after all Stubbs said "You only have to look at the clubs who were wanting to get Josh and to have got him is quite a coup".

Maybe he was applying one of the Scottish meanings for the emboldened word.<_<

2. A place for emptying rubbish, a dump

20 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

So Longridge was offered a deal but rejected it. Not that I wanted him in but we could not agree terms with a championship player. Anyone smell the coffee yet ? 

Even if we did offer him a deal, which has not been confirmed by anyone at the club,did it cross your mind that we offered him what we thought he was worth and he wanted more.

I certainly wouldn't be paying over the odds for Louis Longridge.

Edited by FTOF

37 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Even if we did offer him a deal, which has not been confirmed by anyone at the club,did it cross your mind that we offered him what we thought he was worth and he wanted more.

I certainly wouldn't be paying over the odds for Louis Longridge.

Billy just confirmed it was a 6 month contract to prove himself.  Said player wanted more security which is understandable.  

54 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

So Longridge was offered a deal but rejected it. Not that I wanted him in but we could not agree terms with a championship player. Anyone smell the coffee yet ? 

3 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Billy just confirmed it was a 6 month contract to prove himself.  Said player wanted more security which is understandable.  

So what coffee should we smelling then? 

If he’s been asked to prove himself and he’s rejected it what is it the club have done wrong in your opinion?

So money wasn’t the issue then? Moaning over not being able to get a diddy league player. He obviously lacks confidence in his ability to prove he is worthy of a longer deal.

52 minutes ago, Saint Shug said:

So what coffee should we smelling then? 

If he’s been asked to prove himself and he’s rejected it what is it the club have done wrong in your opinion?

Try Oberon it's the highest quality bean to come out of Brazil  but its needs to be roasted properly.  

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

I know people in his family and you are talking nonsense, he was offered something, he mulled on it, the offer was withdrawn.

end of story.

stop talking absolute mince.

11 minutes ago, Mattman said:

He can't help it mate. 

It's honestly constant. He'll come on and regurgitate any old shit someone says as if it's gospel and then once it's proven to be wrong, doesn't actually learn anything. 

He's desperate to be proven right that there is some sort of financial turmoil ongoing. 

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

The real issue is why we apparently offered Longridge a contract in the first place.

The longridge sisters are all championship fodder at the very most. Unreal if anyone is in the slightest bit bothered by not securing that signing.

Edited by christinanade

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

The real issue is why we apparently offered Longridge a contract in the first place.

I’ve seen a lot of people especially your good self seem to be really against this? Like as if there’s a personal issue there.

I might be a bit biased but if the manager thinks he’s worth a deal, who are we to question it. I personally think championship level player but I don’t pick the team!

4 minutes ago, Mattman said:

I’ve seen a lot of people especially your good self seem to be really against this? Like as if there’s a personal issue there.

I might be a bit biased but if the manager thinks he’s worth a deal, who are we to question it. I personally think championship level player but I don’t pick the team!

I have an absolutely irrational dislike of him and I'm not sure why. He's never done anything of note against us that I recall, just someone I've never liked. 

Same with Denny Johnstone. Just a totally irrational and misplaced dislike. 

13 minutes ago, Mattman said:

You've answered the question there - he's not good enough. His track record suggests he isn't even a great Championship player and I wouldn't have been that enamoured if we'd been relegated and signed him.

Absolutely nothing personal with him, just don't think he's of the quality we should be targeting.

Fair enough, I just always feel like people deserve a chance if the manager feels that way.

Seen worse players linked with us, and not this much seethe as I’ve seen on forums recently.

Anyways we can’t afford him, were going bust and Oran Kearney shagged gordon Scott’s sister👀😂 

Edited by Mattman

4 hours ago, Mattman said:

I know people in his family and you are talking nonsense, he was offered something, he mulled on it, the offer was withdrawn.

end of story.

Well I know Santa Caus who told me St Mirren fans will go into melt down late November beginning of December.  Not because of our league position.  Feel free to book mark. On a positive note fantastic result tonight. P S Dont book mark that.