The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 minutes ago, gmcg94 said:

Gordon Scott is nothing short of an embarrassment to st Mirren, to publicly criticise the man who saved them! Before Kearney came in st Mirren where hopeless. He simply lacked class.

^^^^^ Still hurting type post

46 minutes ago, Stu said:

Dutch striker Thomas Verheydt heading over for talks. 13 goals for Go Ahead Eagles in their second division last season, still contracted to them. Seems to have been prolific enough back home but had a pretty poor season at Crawley going by the stats.

Cheers Stu.

11 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Quite enjoy a Turkish delight with my flat white.  Role on Sunday Jim Goodwin's first home game as manager which I sadly will miss due to work. Good old BT though. 

.......................................what?! :lol: 

I cannot stomach this ‘victim mentality’ emanating from Coleraine FC and Kearney. Who do they think they are,  Celtic?

Edit: I still think Jim Goodwin should lock Tony and Gordon in a cupboard for a week. If Coleraine could lock themselves in one too, that would be appreciated, and we could all crack on without this Gary Barlow v Robbie Williams shite carrying on any longer.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:

Not having all this criticism of GS. He’s our chairman and everything he does is for the good of our club. Kearney can f**k right off. He’s totally worked his ticket here to get back to his cushy non-stressful life. He couldn’t hack it and worked his way back to being part time boss of some shitty wee club. He should’ve had the balls to be honest about it.

My criticism is purely based on the fact that he did not need to disclose any of this in the media when the club is trying to move on and gain a bit of stability. I reckon that's a reasonable and proportionate criticism.

4 minutes ago, Drooper said:

My criticism is purely based on the fact that he did not need to disclose any of this in the media when the club is trying to move on and gain a bit of stability. I reckon that's a reasonable and proportionate criticism.

Agreed that least said, soonest mended.

18 hours ago, Stevie88 said:

I think Gus was appointed so that things don’t stand still if there’s a bit of turmoil going on, which has been happening more often than not the last few seasons. He is busy identifying players & then puts them to the manager who has the final say.

IMO, it would be daft to sign players without consulting with the new manager, which is why I think we’re slightly behind with recruitment.

Then if there is no manager, or effectively no manager with OK being out of favour, things do stand still. I understand your point I was just saying that GLS :whistle said the appointment of GM as DoF was to prevent this happening again after last season.

All managers come into a rump of existing players if you trust the DoF method then you accept his judgement, if not then as I said GM is effectively just an overpaid Chief Scout.

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Trying to change the table tennis of Gordon v Oran. 

I'm sure it worked.

Instead of fighting, Gordon and Oran are both now sitting down together and asking each other, 'the f**k is he on about?!'

41 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm sure it worked.

Instead of fighting, Gordon and Oran are both now sitting down together and asking each other, 'the f**k is he on about?!'

You mean you dont like a Turkish Delight ? Are you seriousl . Nothing will stop them having a go if they ever meet. People always fall out over money. 

4 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Quite enjoy a Turkish delight with my flat white.  Role on Sunday Jim Goodwin's first home game as manager which I sadly will miss due to work. Good old BT though. 

I usually go for a Turkish delight after I've had a flat white..... hope you wash yer hauns, filthy bugger.....😆

Edited by Hammerheid

Then if there is no manager, or effectively no manager with OK being out of favour, things do stand still. I understand your point I was just saying that GLS :whistle said the appointment of GM as DoF was to prevent this happening again after last season.
All managers come into a rump of existing players if you trust the DoF method then you accept his judgement, if not then as I said GM is effectively just an overpaid Chief Scout.

Yeah, to an extent things will stall. I personally don’t think it’s right for anyone other than the manager to decide on who signs. You’re right though, effectively he is an chief scout but at least the process of identifying players doesn’t stop & it’s for the new manager to decide from the ones shortlisted.