The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Oran's been given the full 'two-line statement' treatment that we usually reserve for the likes of Darren Jackson 😂

Edit: Here ya go. I particularly like the club crest: statement length ratio at play here.

image.thumb.png.a11b06ce64c6059898aa04953c328e46.png

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/2913-club-statement-oran-kearney?

Edited by Coventry Saint

30 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Oran's been given the full 'two-line statement' treatment that we usually reserve for the likes of Darren Jackson 😂

Edit: Here ya go. I particularly like the club crest: statement length ratio at play here.

image.thumb.png.a11b06ce64c6059898aa04953c328e46.png

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/2913-club-statement-oran-kearney?

Hard to read anything in to that other than that the club are NOT happy about how this has all turned out.

The Coleraine fixture being cancelled (and their mischievously timed Tweet about it still being on) make me think they and OK have been trying to engineer his move back there in a way that financially benefits Coleraine/OK to Saints' detriment.

I doubt we'll ever find the truth, but I think it must be along those lines.

Let's get Goodwin in, and move on.

OK has released a statement of his own on Twitter.

Apart from the media guy, Jim, the only person he thanks who works for the club is Tony Fitzpatrick. Think that in itself is very telling indeed.

Dreadful bitterness all around and a real shame it's finished up this way.

2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Hard to read anything in to that other than that the club are NOT happy about how this has all turned out.

The Coleraine fixture being cancelled (and their mischievously timed Tweet about it still being on) make me think they and OK have been trying to engineer his move back there in a way that financially benefits Coleraine/OK to Saints' detriment.

I doubt we'll ever find the truth, but I think it must be along those lines.

Let's get Goodwin in, and move on.

Bring on the annual accounts and we might get a hint of the financial outcome of this ... 

Clearly, a breakdown in the relationship between Kearney and Scott. Most likely on a professional level, leading to a frosty personal relationship. Will we ever know who, if anyone, was to blame? Probably not. Probably best for both parties to just move on. Oran has made the twatter post that butters up the fans... IMHO. I bet you anything Gordon would love to say a lot, but is having to bite his lip big time.

Anyway, and I’m sure both Oran and Gordon are big enough to recognise this. St Mirren will go on after both of them have passed through the history book of the club, and the club is more important than which one of them particularly acted the Joe Cnut.... if either of them ever did.

We survived Fergie falling out with us and pissing off to Aberdeen. We survived Jimmy Bone and Frank McGarvey having a blew in the tunnel. We survived Hammarby and the 2010 League Cup final. We even survived having Tommy Craig and Alan Stubbs in charge. Brrrrrr, has it got cold in here?

So, cheerio Oran. Bye, bye.

Edited by pozbaird

The club statement is short in content, but it says much about how it’s all come to an abrupt ending for both manager and Chairman. Oran’s playing a blinder with his tweet to the fans. It’s clear from what I’ve heard that he’s worked his ticket here.

Gordon Scott has been given a raw deal in this instance. He can’t really fire anything out there as it won’t help an already bad situation. 

We move on and hopefully get Jim Goodwin and a period of much needed stability.

59 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

The club statement is short in content, but it says much about how it’s all come to an abrupt ending for both manager and Chairman. Oran’s playing a blinder with his tweet to the fans. It’s clear from what I’ve heard that he’s worked his ticket here.

Gordon Scott has been given a raw deal in this instance. He can’t really fire anything out there as it won’t help an already bad situation. 

We move on and hopefully get Jim Goodwin and a period of much needed stability.

Like I've said previously there's no doubt OK tried to bounce the club into modifying his working conditions but this is 2019 times are supposed to be more family friendly and communications are good enough these days to make it workable, I feel the club GLS would have been better off accepting OK requests but asking for some guarantees in return (and I accept we can't know if or how far we went down this road) but for me the blame lies with GLS.

On a side note I noticed OK thanked Tony in his goodbye tweet, I'm not sure if that's what Tony really needs given he has to stay on at the club & work with GLS! :shutup 

Edited by btb

A Celtic Supporter laughing at our potential managerial choices...?? Fucking hell[emoji2]

Actually, I'm not laughing, never really expected it. More surprised than anything. Don't be so defensive. 

What do you guys think though? It's a bit of a gamble.