The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

So long and thanks for keeping us up and a very exciting end to the season OK.

Saints fans should try to draw a line under this very quickly rather than spending weeks navel gazing and trying to place blame.

Which is hopefully what those that run the club will be doing too.

Get the new man in ASAP, get behind him, and get on with it.

14 minutes ago, dezz said:

You boys love a good clusterfuck of a summer. Hope you get Goodwin though, i’d be keen to see how he’d do stepping up.

It's great fun isn't it? The ride never ends!!! :thumsup2

(I'm so tired)

21 minutes ago, Silvio said:

I don't understand the OK love in on Twitter.  He did well to keep us up but are we just forgetting the first 5 months??

Thanks for your service, good luck in the future.

Considering the squad OK inherited,  I think it's a miracle he managed to keep us up. Not many managers within our budget constraints would have done that imo. 

You boys love a good clusterfuck of a summer. Hope you get Goodwin though, i’d be keen to see how he’d do stepping up.

I agree. See if he can’t make the step up at St Mirren before we poach him once SR leaves...

17 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Did he do well to keep you up?

Dundee were garbage and you scraped through in the playoff final.

Our form over the last ten to fifteen games of the season was pretty damn good. It wasn’t Dundee being shite, or the Arabs being pish at penalties that saw us garner valuable points at places like Pittodrie and Tynecastle...

nice trolling though.

4 hours ago, Brazilorbust said:

Obviously our chairman hasn’t learned from the big mistake William Todd did by sacking Fergie.Oran was great for the club and the players loved his management.Was looking forward to this season with better players added to what we have.

Wait... I was a fan of Kearney but Fergie and Kearney in the same breath is absolutely hilarious. 

Kearney's legacy will now be that he was a decent short term fix for a club who had lost all momentum last summer. 

It's absolutely vital that doesn't happen again. If we move quickly, the impact will be minimal. It's actually worked out decent for us as there is no assistant there at present, whoever comes in should be allowed to bring his own choice of number 2 in with him. 

Is this just going to be a quick appointment of Jim Goodwin then? 

Dundee's sudden cooling of their interest in him and claims they changed their mind certainly makes more sense now. 

Goodwin in quickly is about as palatable an outcome as you can hope for but poor on all sides that this was allowed to drag out until pre-season training had started. 

21 minutes ago, Radford said:

Dundee's sudden cooling of their interest in him and claims they changed their mind certainly makes more sense now. 

Goodwin in quickly is about as palatable an outcome as you can hope for but poor on all sides that this was allowed to drag out until pre-season training had started. 

S'funny, even at the time the Goodwin/Dundee thing broke down, there were rumours that the reason may have been that our job was coming up. Sure, they got to save face by claiming it had something to do with the DoF structure, or Jimmy Nicholl, or whatever, but it still seemed odd.

That, and the fact the uncertainty over Kearney never fully went away, makes me wonder how much of an open secret this has all been all this time.

27 minutes ago, Radford said:

Yip, Goodwin in this week is what I, and I'm sure most Saints fans want.

Kearny seems like a very very nice man, who talked well, and somehow managed to see us over the line in a very difficult season.

I'm sure he goes with warm wishes and thanks from most Saints fans, but he's no Fergie - I don't even think he's a Jack Ross or Danny Lennon.

If we get Goodwin in the next couple of days I think the damage will be minimal.