The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just now, ATLIS said:

Two bites in about 30 seconds :D ffs

Hardly a bite.

Was simply informing you that he is no longer available on a "free".

I'm sure you've got plenty of money stashed away somewhere.;)

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Hardly a bite.

Was simply informing you that he is no longer available on a "free".

I'm sure you've got plenty of money stashed away somewhere.;)

;) 

How's Mullen been getting on? Was a little bit glad we got shot of him and managed to get Hardie in. Mullen was always on the cusp of being a great player but instead focused on diving and being inconsistent. Got a lot of questionable injuries as well towards the end of his stint with us leading to Hoppy punting him

Div kindly transcribing what OK said in latest interview (as its unhelpfully stuck behind a fucking pay wall) 

Ferdinand is being spoken to this week to try and sort something out with relation to staying on for rest of season. Hopefully positive news on that front. 

Tansey was a complex one to get over the line. 

OK Wants a squad of 21-22. No set number on the players coming in, though. A few players very close to signing (presumably Slovakian Keeper, Popescu and Lyons) and the team that starts against Alloa will look very different from last game against Killie. Some signings were dependant on others leaving and although we want to move away from loan deals, it's not really avoidable in the short term. 

Lyness had done well but no opportunity there to offer him a new deal. This suggests to me that we can't get shot of Rodgers and there's no space in squad due to the new goalie coming in. I imagine that would have been different if we could have got shot of Rodgers. 

All in all, positive stuff and a couple of busy weeks still ahead. 

Div kindly transcribing what OK said in latest interview (as its unhelpfully stuck behind a fucking pay wall) 
Ferdinand is being spoken to this week to try and sort something out with relation to staying on for rest of season. Hopefully positive news on that front. 
Tansey was a complex one to get over the line. 
OK Wants a squad of 21-22. No set number on the players coming in, though. A few players very close to signing (presumably Slovakian Keeper, Popescu and Lyons) and the team that starts against Alloa will look very different from last game against Killie. Some signings were dependant on others leaving and although we want to move away from loan deals, it's not really avoidable in the short term. 
Lyness had done well but no opportunity there to offer him a new deal. This suggests to me that we can't get shot of Rodgers and there's no space in squad due to the new goalie coming in. I imagine that would have been different if we could have got shot of Rodgers. 

All in all, positive stuff and a couple of busy weeks still ahead. 

Behind a paywall you say?

3 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

What's the latest on Cammy Smith to United? Any ideas?

Cheers 

I'd read somewhere that we are holding off till we find a replacement before letting him leave. Find that hard to believe if you were in talks with him last weekend.

26 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

I'd read somewhere that we are holding off till we find a replacement before letting him leave. Find that hard to believe if you were in talks with him last weekend.

A replacement for a player that we can't currently find a role for. Hmm.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah, certain content and interviews are part of a premium subscription service that offers very, very little for the fiver a month they ask for.

A lot of clubs have their own tv channels these days for a fee. I get to most home games not all but not away games. For the likes of me it's good you get to see highlights or the full match. Players views on games , interviews outwith games. The weekly press conference plus more. Before buddie vision you relied on the press for info. Now it's a click away at 72p a day if you want to look it like that. Understand it's not for everyone . 

He'll go to the highest bidder. 
I think a couple of weeks ago, Kearney would let him go for nothing. Now with it being public, Ross County & Ayr are both in the mix. Whoever signs him will most likely win the Championship - he's that good at that level.

If St Mirren are wanting a fee for him then I can’t see Ayr being in for him. Maybe that’s the reason we’ve switched our interest to Chris Erskine.

Would prefer it if Smith didn’t move to one of our title rivals though.

9 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

A lot of clubs have their own tv channels these days for a fee. I get to most home games not all but not away games. For the likes of me it's good you get to see highlights or the full match. Players views on games , interviews outwith games. The weekly press conference plus more. Before buddie vision you relied on the press for info. Now it's a click away at 72p a day if you want to look it like that. Understand it's not for everyone . 

Have you got a Premium Gold Subscription IoBS, my version is slightly under 14p per day!!