The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Article here about the guy from Romania, some of it is quite funny when you stick it through Google translate: https://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/exclusiv-plecare-de-ultim-moment-de-la-dinamo-un-titular-semneaza-cu-o-echipa-din-scotia-prima-reactie-a-fotbalistului-556979.html

The Scottish team is committed to paying the defender the 4,000-euro salary until the summer. The two sides understood at the verbal level, and the heads of the "dogs" are now waiting for the final response of their counterparts at St. Petersburg. Mirren.

Mihai Popescu's departure leaves a big goal in Dinamo's defense, which was one of the weakest in 2018.

Paying 4,000 Euros a month (I assume) to sign a guy from a weak defence. Assuming the heads of the dogs agree:lol:

8 hours ago, billyg said:

King thought he was being smart by dissing the club on twitter with the "solicitor" jibe.  Div was smarter though , and King couldn't delete it quick enough.

Correct.

I will always stand up for the players, particularly on social media. You'll never see me personally slate a player.

If you were looking for a solicitor I don't imagine your first port of call would be to ask for recommendations from complete strangers on twitter.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

Just now, Stu said:

Article here about the guy from Romania, some of it is quite funny when you stick it through Google translate: https://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/exclusiv-plecare-de-ultim-moment-de-la-dinamo-un-titular-semneaza-cu-o-echipa-din-scotia-prima-reactie-a-fotbalistului-556979.html

Paying 4,000 Euros a month (I assume) to sign a guy from a weak defence. Assuming the heads of the dogs agree:lol:

To be fair, most articles I've read seem shocked they are letting him go as he's been good for them.

Also from another article we appear to have the option to buy (presumably for £75k)

St Mirren is the team at which the 25-year-old defender should move for free, in the form of a loan. In addition, Scots will have a definitive purchase option in June. St. Mirren is ranked 11th in the Scottish Championship, the penultimate place, with only 12 points in 21 rounds. 

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

No wonder depression is rife in football when you have people who have a sizeable influence with the club's support take cheap shots at a young lad trying to make his way in the game. 

Fucking disgraceful behaviour from Div.

Haha! Bless this wee guy who is still crying about the site having adverts and follows me around like a wee puppy red dotting my posts :lol:

Go on son, hit me!

5 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

See what I can find out my catering team were all Romanian the boys were mad in football all supporters of the two teams from Bucharest.  

We have the Singing Section in W7. Maybe you could get your lads to bring their mates and we start up a Romanian section in W6 :)

16 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

He’s the sort of signing we normally make. You’re not sure whether to clap or boo. None of the bottom 3 pulling off anything seismic so far in the window.

We normally Booo, it's one thing we're good at

36 minutes ago, Div said:

Haha! Bless this wee guy who is still crying about the site having adverts and follows me around like a wee puppy red dotting my posts :lol:

Go on son, hit me!

What a minter of the post. Following you around the forum. :lol: Fucking hell you're tragic, bully young guys on Twitter and now greeting about dots.

Been wanting Tansey at St Johnstone for a while now, a cracking signing. Absolutely no clue what's happened to him at Aberdeen though, and whether he's still the same player I remember because of the apparent knocks he's had there.

50 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Very much a signing in the mould of Rocco Quinn.

Good enough.....fit enough?

Good enough,........... Yes.

Fit enough,............. Not sure.

Interested enough,............ initially,then wait and see.

On his day, unplayable. Good luck.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Tansey would be a great signing tbf. Would be rather jealous if you secure that one.

Been confirmed by that Raman from STV, 18 month deal on a free transfer.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tansey would be a great signing tbf. Would be rather jealous if you secure that one.

Rather pleasing that we have beat Dundee to his signature though, Jimmy Mac was desperate to land him, very pleasing indeed.

Tansey announced shortly and expect another tomorrow afternoon.

Things are heating up nicely.

Edited by McG