The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

14 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

From the list of players leaving there’s not one on that list that I would have kept. 

Lets get Kpekawa and King punted as we continue to rectify the shambles left behind by Stubbs.

Would have kept Hammill.  That's it.

The month of the long knives.

We're not done yet, either. I expected 8-12 out and we're at 10 already. (Not including Samson or NBM)

It's going to be about 16 or 17 outgoing.

King, Kpekawa, Rodgers, Ferdinand, Eckersley, Flynn, Smith and Lyness could all yet leave!

That would leave a first team squad of about 11.

Edited by djchapsticks

I don't really understand the vitriol towards Edwards to be honest. He's not great, but he was an honest trier who did his best, yet he seems to get a lot of stick. The way people go on you'd think he was one of the worst players we've ever had. I personally wouldn't even have him in the top ten worst players to play for St Mirren this season.

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The month of the long knives.

We're not done yet, either. I expected 8-12 out and we're at 10 already. (Not including Samson or NBM)

It's going to be about 16 or 17 outgoing.

King, Kpekawa, Rodgers, Ferdinand, Eckersley, Flynn, Smith and Lyness could all yet leave!

That would leave a first team squad of about 11.

This is actually feeling a little strange.

I'd expect at least three of that secondary list of yours to go - and easily 4 or 5.

And one of those left would be Gary MacKenzie who may still be a way away from a comeback yet.

Not about to panic just yet, but we really need to see some new players coming in soon.

And not just quality, we do actually need numbers now too.

I think people had thought we'd keep 18-20 of the original squad and could replace it with 4 or 5 better quality players.

The way things are going we're going to need double that.

5 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Don’t know if it’s more a measure of how pish we’ve been but I actually think hodson has been ok. We could do a lot worse

I'd keep Hodson too but for the fucking love of Pete, stop playing him as a holding mid.

Just now, houston_bud said:

I think he's played his best games in midfield. Against Motherwell he was excellent.

Can't agree. He's technically not bad but just doesn't impose himself there.

I'll concede I wasn't at Motherwell but against Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and St. Johnstone he didn't really do anything for me.