The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

11 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Could be true as I’ve heard a swap deal on the cards.

10 hours ago, paisleysaints said:
11 hours ago, glenburn bud said:
Could be true as I’ve heard a swap deal on the cards.

Who in the other direction?

Scougall was what Id seen, but it's maybe just guesswork.

13 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Was there not a fair bit of excitement when he signed? What happened?

He didn't live up to the hype.

He was signed to replace Swanson as the "match winner" in the final third, but in 18 months he's contributed 2 goals (one in the league, when two Hamilton players ran into each other and let him go clean through, and one against Falkirk in the cup), and I don't think he got any assists.

Since then we've re-signed Swanson, and Matty Kennedy has done more in half a season than Scougall managed in 18 months.

8 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

If McShane, what’s he like? Why would he be getting punted?

He's a tidy enough player but like a few we currently have, he's not good enough at this level.  Decent enough Championship player. 

12 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

That's total guess work from me by the way. I'm not in the know at all.

He would be a very good addition to Falkirk though. He'd be a good addition to most teams in that league.

13 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Hardly kicked a ball for us in about a year, did well when he came in, in the Championship, was replaced about this time last year by Flynn. 

Since then he has been pretty much on the bench, played a few games under OK to try and shore up the midfield, now we play five at the back rather than 5 in midfield. 

Now behind Lee Hodson for a central midfield role. 

18 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

He's a less good Stephen McGinn. Not quite got it at this level. A good squad player at the right end of the championship; a great signing for a team fighting relegation.

He's one of those deep-sitting midfielders that isn't really a spoiler/destroyer, but can move the ball about pretty well and link defence and attack. 

He's also a top shagger and a very attractive man, which I understand is important to you lot.

Edited by Coventry Saint

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

He's a less good Stephen McGinn. Not quite got it at this level. A good squad player at the right end of the championship; a great signing for a team fighting relegation.

He's one of those deep-sitting midfielders that isn't really a spoiler/destroyer, but can move the ball about pretty well and link defence and attack. 

He's also a top shagger and a very attractive man, which I understand is important to you lot.

He's good at passing and can hit a decent shot, just don't ask him to tackle anyone. Every time I've seen him attempt it he's been about twenty minutes too late and ends up booked.