The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Didn't Gilmore appoint Jack Ross, or is my timeline out?

I'd give Stubbs until the Hamilton game. The Celtic one was always going to be difficult no matter the manager. Essentially if he cannot organise and drill that defence within a 3 week period then I'd say the game is up and time to move on.

31 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

So much has happened in the last 18 months it's tough to keep track.

When I was typing that post I had to check it was actually 2016 :lol:

In a way it seems like yesterday, but in another, it's been a mad two years and a crazy amount of stuff has gone on. Four years since Tommy Craig was at the helm - seems like a lifetime ago.

2 hours ago, Drooper said:

Gilmour is a sweetie wife, who loves a bit of tittle tattle.

That's not to say that he isn't onto something here, but the man who - along with others - appointed Tommy Craig, isn't, for me, best placed to bitch on social media about the managerial situation.

It's ironic that he has so much to say now,  as for about the last year of his chairmanship, the silence from the club was deafening.

10 minutes ago, monthelie' said:

It's ironic that he has so much to say now,  as for about the last year of his chairmanship, the silence from the club was deafening.

Aye, I reckon he considers himself unleashed, but there is only so far his credibility will stretch.

Correct decision to just go through with it going into the international break IMO. Questions have to be asked of the board, however, with the way this has been handled. 

1) Three year contract? Surely one would've sufficed considering Stubbs' last job went so horribly wrong. Imagine showing that faith and then packing it in after 12 weeks.

2) The Kenny Miller situation - why were the board providing funds for that but not for other areas? Granted, Stubbs would probably have opted for yet another central midfielder.

Also concerning that the BoD have been sniffing around McIntyre long before today, with him knocking back the Falkirk job.

1 minute ago, RossC93 said:

Correct decision to just go through with it going into the international break IMO. Questions have to be asked of the board, however, with the way this has been handled. 

1) Three year contract? Surely one would've sufficed considering Stubbs' last job went so horribly wrong. Imagine showing that faith and then packing it in after 12 weeks.

2) The Kenny Miller situation - why were the board providing funds for that but not for other areas? Granted, Stubbs would probably have opted for yet another central midfielder.

Also concerning that the BoD have been sniffing around McIntyre long before today, with him knocking back the Falkirk job.

Supposedly we only need to pay a years wages to pay him off. Hopefully the compensation we got for Jack Ross will cover it. 

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

Supposedly we only need to pay a years wages to pay him off. Hopefully the compensation we got for Jack Ross will cover it. 

That would soften the blow. Would imagine we'll need to pay off Jackson and possibly Rice too.

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

I don’t think Rice is a bad coach but Jackson on the other hand is a repellent wee scrote. The players apparently loathe him.

Jackson will definitely be gone I imagine. 

Rice has a decent reputation,  I suppose that decision will come down to the new manager , and if he wants his own staff in.

Cheerio to f**k Stubbsy and take that tadger Jackson with you and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Get the impression Rice will stay JJ?

Looked like he was the only one that gave a f*ck on the touchline against Livi.