The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Despite the mistakes Stubbs has made, I would say we still have the strongest midfield of these four sides, though clearly we have weakensses at the back and up front.

I'd say Livingston and Dundee have far better midfield's than ourselves. In fact, both of their squads are better than ours overall

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Nothing to come to terms with. Every team has the possibility of improvement, as have all players. Players moving up from a lower level can take time to adapt, and can improve given time. 

Obviously it's the defence which is the main concern. Two full debutants last week which nobody seems to have acknowledged - I'd expect better from them and possibly Baird in for Kpekawa. 

The players have to show more than they did last week, and blaming everything on the manager is a kop out in my opinion. He's responsible ultimately but we have some good players in the team who haven't performed and we need them to step up.

I'm sure not many will agree with me, but throwing in the towel is not an option, for fans, or the players who are paid to give their all. The manager will pay the price ultimately but I want to see the team busting a gut, which I haven't seen much of so far. 

Absolutely spot on, mate. Especially that last paragraph. 

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Nah, I'm not having that. It's pretty obvious how the league is going to pan out this season - a top 5, a middle 3 and a bottom 4. We'll be in the bottom 4 with Livi, Accies and Dundee, none of whom look great. Despite the mistakes Stubbs has made, I would say we still have the strongest midfield of these four sides, though clearly we have weakensses at the back and up front. However, even if we don't sign anybody new, we should be at least competitive with the assorted criminals of Livi, the journeymen of Hamilton and a Dundee team managed by Neil fecking McCann.

We were not very competitive against Livi  if you honestly think this team is possibly going to avoid automatic relegation you are seriously deluded.

17 minutes ago, elvis said:

We were not very competitive against Livi  if you honestly think this team is possibly going to avoid automatic relegation you are seriously deluded.

You said the same thing 2 seasons ago. You said last season we had no chance of winning the league.  

On the strength of your predictions,  I feel pretty optimistic about our chances of staying up.

25 minutes ago, elvis said:

That's just one game. You can't extrapolate how a whole season will go from one game. 

OK, I know you can, but most rational people wouldn't. 

We are all disappointed with where we are just now, but throwing in the towel in fecking August isn't really acceptable. 

Perhaps so, but that still doesn't explain why those funds have now apparently disappeared.
Stubbs needs to get his story straight over this. He is tying himself in knots and it is not an edifying sight.
The first part of my post that you didn't quote mentions that he said yesterday on buddie vision that he had enough for 2 players.

Have they disappeared since yesterday?

1 minute ago, Fony Titz said:

The first part of my post that you didn't quote mentions that he said yesterday on buddie vision that he had enough for 2 players.

Have they disappeared since yesterday?

Apologies if I missed that. I didn't intend to selectively quote.

1 minute ago, smellthepaw said:

Ah. I knew Paul had a couple of weeks to go. Big Gmack must be devastated. Told he can leave and now he's out for minimum 6 months with an Achilles. 

If nothing else at least he knows he's still contracted and picking up a wage.....at least it puts paid to the is he/isn't he injured nonsense!!

1 hour ago, weebud said:

If nothing else at least he knows he's still contracted and picking up a wage.....at least it puts paid to the is he/isn't he injured nonsense!!

Yeah, it pretty much questions half the stories that people claim they know what's going on behind the scenes.  

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

Where exactly are you lot getting money from?

From that sounds of it St Mirren are looking for between 10k-50k roughly the same we paid for Sibbald - so not that much money

Edited by ATLIS