The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, McG said:

No chance.

As I replayed to you on BAWA whether  he comes or not St Mirren have contacted Celtic regarding Ryan Christie . Morgan back in training will be ready to join their squad in a couple of weeks if no set backs to his knee. 

1 hour ago, McG said:

No chance.

Edit - Sunderland can only loan players they can't sign pertinent. Celtic now want Christie off the books.  St Mirren are in for him that's what I have been told the Celtic guy I know has strong connections with the club. 

Edited by Demented Zebra

Would Christie take a pay cut to come to a team likely to be fighting relegation in the league that the team he's leaving are favourites to win? I'm not so sure.

I understand why we may have inquired but I would imagine that would have been nipped in the bud fairly quickly, but both clubs and the player.

10 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Would Christie take a pay cut to come to a team likely to be fighting relegation in the league that the team he's leaving are favourites to win? I'm not so sure.

I understand why we may have inquired but I would imagine that would have been nipped in the bud fairly quickly, but both clubs and the player.

Have not said we will be successful in getting him every decent player we have tried to get has failed.  ( Marque ) I presumed this would be a loan. So I texted the guy back , he wrote Celtic want Christie off the books. Sunderland are interested but can not sign players now their window is closed. Celtic would rather get him off the books now.  All he told me was that St Mirren have made an approach for Christie. This guy is not just your run of the mill Celtic fan . 

13 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Have not said we will be successful in getting him every decent player we have tried to get has failed.  ( Marque ) I presumed this would be a loan. So I texted the guy back , he wrote Celtic want Christie off the books. Sunderland are interested but can not sign players now their window is closed. Celtic would rather get him off the books now.  All he told me was that St Mirren have made an approach for Christie. This guy is not just your run of the mill Celtic fan . 

What if we bring him in on loan? You'll go fucking mental.

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

English clubs can still sign players on loan.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11479467/anwar-el-ghazi-arrives-at-aston-villa-on-season-long-loan

1 hour ago, elvis said:

So you know this as fact. 

Is that aimed at me?

I certainly don't know for a fact that other managers will be in for him, but if I was a team looking for a winger on loan and saw his performance in a bad Celtic side, I'd be checking out his availability.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

That's what the guy texted. In realty Sunderland could take him on loan then sign him permanently in January that's the way round it. But ( If) St Mirren were to offer cash now Celtic might accept but would the player accept terms from Saints ? Of course we can't compete with Sunderland on wages. Can we offer a transfer deal to Celtic and first team football to Ryan which he is craving ? Who knows will be an interesting development to watch. 

2 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

That's what the guy texted. In realty Sunderland could take him on loan then sign him permanently in January that's the way round it. But ( If) St Mirren were to offer cash now Celtic might accept but would the player accept terms from Saints ? Of course we can't compete with Sunderland on wages. Can we offer a transfer deal to Celtic and first team football to Ryan which he is craving ? Who knows will be an interesting development to watch. 

No. Will never happen. Why go from the second top club in Scotland to a team likely to finish anywhere between 9th and 12th?

Christie was called up to the Scotland squad last year and featured heavily. He moved to Celtic for circa £200k, so no way they’d let him move for less than that, and we won’t pay that sort of money. Chuck in the fact he’s wages will be at least double our top wage.

33 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

No. Will never happen. Why go from the second top club in Scotland to a team likely to finish anywhere between 9th and 12th?

Christie was called up to the Scotland squad last year and featured heavily. He moved to Celtic for circa £200k, so no way they’d let him move for less than that, and we won’t pay that sort of money. Chuck in the fact he’s wages will be at least double our top wage.

Don't shoot the messenger all I know is we have made contact with Celtic time will tell. 

41 minutes ago, Munoz said:

For who ?

Livingston still not released his papers yet so he won’t be signing for anybody before the weekend.

A few teams in for him now, will be surprised if we get it over the line.

1 hour ago, McG said:

A few teams in for him now, will be surprised if we get it over the line.

As soon as you see that you are resigned to someone else snapping him up.  Anyone else in the pipeline surely the hell he most have other targets and it's not just Miller.  If thats the team that goes after August we're fucked