The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

14 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

His contract expires with us at the end of this season and it is a loan deal by all accounts.

He is better at right back than left back but I'll still be glad when he's gone.

We are working at different levels so your offcasts are still of value to us. There is a question about the loan as I'm sure you've read.

If it is a loan, and I'll be honest I'd prefer it to be just now, then fine. If it's not possible and Stubbs still wants to bring him in and Rangers want shot of him, what happens to the wages he'd accrue while at Ibrox? Meaning a payoff to get him off the bill, while in turn Rangers might expect some sort of fee to offset that.

Edited by Buddist Monk

Another loan. I get one or two bloody hell how many is that ? I'm starting to go off Stubbs if he does not get a win this Saturday I can see the shit hitting pan. 

What the f**k is wrong with loan deals at this time?

Sick of people moaning over nothing just for the sake of it if he improves out current squad then great.

Would you rather he took a gamble on someone like stelios who isn’t as good on a 1 year deal that could turn out to be another tonet.

What is the difference from a 1 year deal to a 1 year loan?

Quite unlikely we are going to get someone at this time in the season worthy of a long term contract that we would get on a free transfer.

2 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

We are working at different levels so your offcasts are still of value to us. There is a question about the loan as I'm sure you've read.

If it is a loan, and I'll be honest I'd prefer it to be just now, then fine. If it's not possible and Stubbs still wants to bring him in and Rangers want shot of him, what happens to the wages he'd accrue while at Ibrox? Meaning a payoff to get him off the bill, while in turn Rangers might expect some sort of fee to offset that.

Everything I've read or heard suggest loan. I doubt that we'd get a fee for him so if he joined permanently we'd have to pay him off :lol:

If he joins I think it'll loan till next summer and you'll pay some of his current wages but not all. Then he'd be a free agent after that.

2 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

What the f**k is wrong with loan deals at this time?

Sick of people moaning over nothing just for the sake of it if he improves out current squad then great.

Would you rather he took a gamble on someone like stelios who isn’t as good on a 1 year deal that could turn out to be another tonet.

What is the difference from a 1 year deal to a 1 year loan?

Quite unlikely we are going to get someone at this time in the season worthy of a long term contract that we would get on a free transfer.

Have you put your teeth back in. Stallios is better than some of the shit Stubbs has brought in which would not be hard. Building a future with loans is not the way to go. 

Have you put your teeth back in. Stallios is better than some of the shit Stubbs has brought in which would not be hard. Building a future with loans is not the way to go. 

You think coulson wouldn’t of done a job for us in the championship last year? [emoji23]

How do you suggest we build for the future then?

Give a load a current free agents 3 year deals?

9 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

You think coulson wouldn’t of done a job for us in the championship last year? emoji23.png

How do you suggest we build for the future then?

Give a load a current free agents 3 year deals?

I'm not against loan players it's the number we have get a couple more in and we can have a full team. Loan Mirren.