The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Not at all Poz he is the one and only Rev I-Am- jolly. Can you imagine sitting next to him on a 12 hour flight :unsure:

Oh you have hurt my feelings I am not like that at all. I am actually an OK guy just because I say things people don't agree with doesn't make me a bad person. I just love it when St Mirren prove me wrong. Can you imagine how good a season we are going to have if I keep making predictions. 

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

Oh you have hurt my feelings I am not like that at all. I am actually an OK guy just because I say things people don't agree with doesn't make me a bad person. I just love it when St Mirren prove me wrong. Can you imagine how good a season we are going to have if I keep making predictions. 

Your a buddie would never say you are a bad person. You do seem to carry a burden a black and white one me looking from the outside. Enjoy the St Mirren ride when it's good all of us suffer more bad than good. 

5 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

Can any St Mirren fan tell me When Gordon McQueen's last game was against Queen of the South at Palmerston?

this would be his last game at palmerston 

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1971&GameID=197204260

this was his last ever game for saints the following season.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1972&GameID=197209130

Cheers for that - brilliant!

1 hour ago, RossC93 said:

At least one of the summer signings out the door next week already... 

Yup. At least one, I've heard possibly even two.

The one who is almost a lock to be leaving, I am fine with as I've seen enough over the league cup games to suggest he's nowhere near good enough and lacks the basic ability to determine that he isn't going to be good enough for this level.

The other I hope it's a loan to get him up to speed and adapt, maybe with a championship side rather than permanently punt him as do I think he could offer something.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

As in, two players we've signed this summer could be going?! Mental if true.

I've heard one is definitely going in the next couple of days. Going as in full mutual termination.

The other is a possibility and I'm surmising that it could be moving out on loan rather than fully punted but that's just guesswork on my part as much like Josh Todd last season, I think there's potentially a decent player in there.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I've heard one is definitely going in the next couple of days. Going as in full mutual termination.

The other is a possibility and I'm surmising that it could be moving out on loan rather than fully punted but that's just guesswork on my part as much like Josh Todd last season, I think there's potentially a decent player in there.

The same Josh Todd who never came back. :P

Just now, btb said:

The same Josh Todd who never came back. :P

Just bad luck, to be fair. Think had we stayed down he'd have been signed up for another season in the Championship. As it was, his injuries with his shoulder and lack of game time for us put paid to us taking the chance of bringing him up a league with us.

He'll do a turn for QotS and is decent enough that he'll get his step up to the top league at some point. He's certainly a far better player than the guy we're cutting loose next week.

I’m guessing that is Cooke with the possibility of King?

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Just bad luck, to be fair. Think had we stayed down he'd have been signed up for another season in the Championship. As it was, his injuries with his shoulder and lack of game time for us put paid to us taking the chance of bringing him up a league with us.

He'll do a turn for QotS and is decent enough that he'll get his step up to the top league at some point. He's certainly a far better player than the guy we're cutting loose next week.

I shiver with antici…………….pation!

Edited by btb

5 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

I’m guessing that is Cooke with the possibility of King?

Think Cooke survives mainly based on numbers available to play his position at present. Even with additions, the pending departure of Ross Stewart gives him a chance to stay and prove himself.

I also wouldn't judge him on one poor 60 minutes as that's the only time I've seen him other than his 2 minute cameo at Killie.

Edited by djchapsticks

Think Cooke survives mainly based on numbers available to play his position at present. Even with additions, the pending departure of Ross Stewart gives him a chance to stay and prove himself.
I also wouldn't judge him on one poor 60 minutes as that's the only time I've seen him other than his 2 minute cameo at Killie.

Christ so it’s King with the possibility of Heaton then.

I agree Cooke hasn’t had much of a chance yet & he’s still trying to find his feet. Hopefully he manages to make an impact the next time he’s given then chance.

27 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Has to be King, I assume. Surely it can't be Heaton - we paid actual money for him :lol:

I thought King looked ok when he came on against Killie and Dumbarton, didn't see the other league cup games or Sunderland debacle so can't comment on his performances in those games. Seems to be a feature of Stubbs early reign, very quick decisions being made on players, even if he's signed them himself! Not really sure if that's a good thing to be honest.