The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

So is Stokes officially off the list then, or is he going to train with us when we're back?

As for the striker, I quite liked Bilate when he was at United. Far from the finished article and he wasn't playing for us so I never really noticed him that much.

27 minutes ago, elvis said:

I don't think he will get 5.

Indeed.

15 isn't a bad total though.:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

Livi got a better strikeforce than us we need to add quality and goals upfront as i do not think Danny Mullen will score more than 10 league goals this season.

I trust you've seen Cooke play then?

At present Livingston may seem to have a better strike force than us, although a 38 year old that could only score 3 (?) goals in the top league, an on loan striker who couldn't secure a first team squad slot despite the presence of the aforementioned "goal machine", and Lee Miller................., on reflection maybe not.

Why not wait until we've actually assembled our first choice forward line before commenting?

1 hour ago, Lola montez said:

I have heard from a really good source Celtic are making a bid for John McGinn tomorrow, might free up some cash for us emoji383.pngemoji383.pngemoji383.png

The slight fly in the ointment is that Celtic will (probably) be using Allan as part of the deal, thus reducing the actual money involved and presumably the money we get.

Still, it's better for us than him leaving for nothing and moving on a PCA.

5 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Hibs hoping to get player(s) as part of the deal

What is Scott Allan realistically worth? About 400k?

End of day, hibs will want to keep the valuation of any players they want as part of the deal as low as possible. Yeah they won't want to give us 1/3rd of the profits but equally, they won't straight up do themselves out of money by letting Celtic over value players. 

2.5m and a couple of players would do us fine. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

What is Scott Allan realistically worth? About 400k?

End of day, hibs will want to keep the valuation of any players they want as part of the deal as low as possible. Yeah they won't want to give us 1/3rd of the profits but equally, they won't straight up do themselves out of money by letting Celtic over value players. 

2.5m and a couple of players would do us fine. 

I think the best deal all round (apart from Celtic) is McGinn to move to another country.

The club will pay a higher fee. St Mirren will get their cash. McGinn will progress his career. Happy Days.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

mzOe5Cn.gif.75b37701d3629cfe9b0532081bf12ed2.gif

What would you you value him at? I've genuinely no idea how to second guess what Celtic would want for a player who has barely kicked a ball for them. 

He certainly won't be added in as a freebie to any potential McGinn deal so it will have to be enough to bring the potential fee down a bit. 

29 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

What would you you value him at? I've genuinely no idea how to second guess what Celtic would want for a player who has barely kicked a ball for them. 

He certainly won't be added in as a freebie to any potential McGinn deal so it will have to be enough to bring the potential fee down a bit. 

3 pints and a packet of crisps. He couldn't even stand out in THAT Dundee side.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

3 pints and a packet of crisps. He couldn't even stand out in THAT Dundee side.

Fair enough. You'd imagine Celtic aren't going to use anyone as a makeweight, though that doesn't reduce the fee they're paying at least by a few hundred grand. 

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Fair enough. You'd imagine Celtic aren't going to use anyone as a makeweight, though that doesn't reduce the fee they're paying at least by a few hundred grand. 

They only bought him to piss off The Rangers, he definitely has no future at Celtic. 

If I had to guess, I'd expect it to be the low end of £2m with Allan on top, so say... £2.3m with some extra bits added on for performance? Whereas you'd be expecting the mid 3's at least if he was to pop on down South. Certainly if he was to get involved in a little bidding war, that could easily double.

I'd expect Hibs and Celtic to keep any additional transfers separate tbh. Which still won't stop shouts about there being a conspiracy...