The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Why? He said lots of correct things. 

Is it the budget comment? He's absolutely correct. He said of ANY job he goes for that he'd want to know of the board's expectations match the budget put forward. 

If the board want to push for top 6 (not saying they do) but have the second smallest budget in the league, that's not going to sit well with any prospective manger. 

You really think he's going to say 'aye, give me peanuts to spend on players and I'll deliver European football'. 

Come on! 

Don't  hear ambition like Jack would talk. All our previous manager's out with Danny would say we are where we are due to budget. To me Robbie sounds the same old , same old. Wait and see what transpires  would like to hear what Kennedy has to say. 

Edited by Demented Zebra

46 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

As long as he's not referring to Fitzy's comments and expecting a budget fitting a top four team.. 

Gordon Scott wants top six and has a figure in his head how to achieve it. Interview at half-time in one of our games Saints TV. 

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

Been pointed over here from the Hearts thread.

If St Mirren appointed Robbie Neilson, I'd feel sorry for them - and I don't mean in a joking way, I mean in a "poverty stricken child from Peru" way. I'd put a tenner in a collection tin.

He was flying with Hearts I was a bit surprised he went to MK Dons who were also interested  in Jack Ross but he did not even have an interview his choice I believe. Is it sour plumbs because he left which I would understand he was on a crest of a wave with you leaving for money or something else. 

21 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Don't  hear ambition like Jack would talk. All our previous manager's out with Danny would say we are where we are due to budget. To me Robbie sounds the same old , same old. Wait and see what transpires  would like to hear what Kennedy has to say. 

John Kennedy? 

Get that idea so far to f**k. 

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

John Kennedy? 

Get that idea so far to f**k. 

Did I say I want him as manager nope but would like to hear what he has to say. See Paul Lambert is getting the most money put on with the bookies.  Robbie Neilson will now fade away made a huge mistake in that interview talking budget also made a huge mistake leaving Hearts . The type who would do well for us then get offered the Motherwell job and leave for an extra £10 a week that' s how I now see him. No chance of getting the Saints job. WILL bet anyone on that. 

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

Did I say I want him as manager nope but would like to hear what he has to say. See Paul Lambert is getting the most money put on with the bookies.  Robbie Neilson will now fade away made a huge mistake in that interview talking budget also made a huge mistake leaving Hearts . The type who would do well for us then get offered the Motherwell job and leave for an extra £10 a week that' s how I now see him. No chance of getting the Saints job. WILL bet anyone on that. 

Paul Lambert serial failure with a half dozen big English outfits. Also failed at Livingston, big name shite manager.

Just now, Demented Zebra said:

Bet me . 

Why would I bother to bet you? I've already got money on it with a bookie. Offer me better odds than the bookies who are currently 4/1 and I'll consider it. 

Robbie Neilson mentioning that the budget should match the ambition in any job isn't hurting his chances or standing. It's daft to suggest it does. 

Until then, I'll take anything you say with a pinch of salt given you went on a drunken rant last night on BAWA about how we should not sell JOSH Magennis for any less than £3m. :lol:

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Why would I bother to bet you? I've already got money on it with a bookie. Offer me better odds than the bookies who are currently 4/1 and I'll consider it. 

Robbie Neilson mentioning that the budget should match the ambition in any job isn't hurting his chances or standing. It's daft to suggest it does. 

Until then, I'll take anything you say with a pinch of salt given you went on a drunken rant last night on BAWA about how we should not sell JOSH Magennis for any less than £3m. :lol:

Jim Duffy is getting the Partick job don't ye know....2 days later Archibald confirmed as staying where he is.

Another DZ classic!

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Indeed I did burp ! Burp ! You hang onto Neilson lol !  but as I said after that interview he shoot himself in the foot.  Piss poor choice who has no chance of getting anywhere near St Mirren . Let' have a bet for charity.  

8 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

He was flying with Hearts I was a bit surprised he went to MK Dons who were also interested  in Jack Ross but he did not even have an interview his choice I believe. Is it sour plumbs because he left which I would understand he was on a crest of a wave with you leaving for money or something else. 

He was not "flying" with Hearts. I'm a Hearts fan. I watched Hearts play. We leathered part time teams up and down in the Championship until we won it in February. Then, until he fucked off, we played a brand of football that would make Alex Miller weep. It's not sour ploumbs that he might get another job, it's genuinely concern for fellow fans.

Ignore me if you like though. I guess it's up to neither of us. 

pond.png

12 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Paul Lambert serial failure with a half dozen big English outfits. Also failed at Livingston, big name shite manager.

Totally agree just pray Tony is not filling Gordon's head with nonsense , Lambert the best thing since slice bread. Lots of new names poppng up even ones I have not heard of ? Who knows  just hope we get this right the fact Jack is helping the processe is pleasing . 

What are the expectations, not just with the fans but also the board? What is the budget? Do they both match?

“Will it give someone who comes in an opportunity to really drive the place forward? Or are you going to be scrapping at the bottom of the league again? Robbie Neilson quote. 

Imagine a potential manager saying the budget would need to be in line with the expectations of the board. That sort of sensible thinking has no place in football.

Jim Goodwin bookies favourite this morning.  Stu butter up all you want but I can't remember any previous potential manager coming in going on about expectations/ budget. Did Jack Ross ? No he had a drive and got there. Did Jack Ross go on about the budget for the premiership No. Neilson has clearly been spoken to by club officias mentioning how good the training ground is then going on about expectations/ budget.  Most Saints fans know next year is about survival anything else is a bonus unless a large sum of money comes our way.