The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Sure he scored twice against Livingston for us. He might genuinely improve this season and be a consistent goal threat, heard he was banging against Morton.

He never done anything wrong against Morton. Sutton missed two free headers at goal and was sacrificed at the red card meaning we kept Reilly on and pumped high balls at him. Which clearly wouldn't work. 

Reilly worked hard and looked OK the whole match. I've seen no fingers pointed at him over last week's result or performance. 

We know he won't be on fire every single week, if he was he wouldn't be at this level. It's fair to say though that some fans who thought he wouldn't be any sort of a goal threat are starting to look a wee bit daft.

Personally, I've never wanted a signing to work out more than that of Reilly due to the almost universal scorn and mocking his presence at St Mirren attracted. 

I'm also delighted to see that Buchanan is getting huge praise for leading what really ended up looking like a makeshift defence yesterday and pulling everything together. 

I worried for Bucky against Livi a few weeks back as I thought he was both bullied by their wee number 10 and defensively shaky. It's hard making the step to full time though and if Gary Mac is fit next week, I'd have him in beside Buchanan and give Baird a spell on the bench. 

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Sure he scored twice against Livingston for us. He might genuinely improve this season and be a consistent goal threat, heard he was banging against Morton.

You heard wrongly.

I'm also delighted to see that Buchanan is getting huge praise for leading what really ended up looking like a makeshift defence yesterday and pulling everything together. 

I worried for Bucky against Livi a few weeks back as I thought he was both bullied by their wee number 10 and defensively shaky. It's hard making the step to full time though and if Gary Mac is fit next week, I'd have him in beside Buchanan and give Baird a spell on the bench. 

Polar opposite of his performance against Livingston at home. No.10 had a field day that night, yesterday Buchanan gave him nothing. Took good command of the defence as he probably had to being the only centre half. Played a part in the second goal when set pieces were going to be our best bet going forward.

It's one game but given the circumstances it was a very promising performance.

On 8/12/2017 at 05:39, kanyewestbank said:

Has the look of John Wilson who played for us in the early sixties.

33 John Wilson.jpg

For those of us of a certain age, isn't this guy the real-life brother of Hot Shot Hamish? For those that aren't, stick it into that Googly thing on the interweb.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Let's just play a back 3 every week with 1 centre half more exciting!!

5 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Would give us options on either left or right wing with Lewis Morgan. Hilson was looking good pre season.

Given Hilson and Magennis have been missing since the start of the season, and we had three tough looking games to begin with, I think we have to be pretty happy with 6 points.

A win would be brilliant on Saturday, but all things considered a draw wouldn't be too bad.