The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

I'll be surprised if this works out, His game relied on his pace and at 33 and out of competitive football for 2 seasons, surely can't be firing all cylinders 

He has been training with us for the past three weeks Jack is not the type of manager to sign an unfit player. None of us know what kind of player he is today I will look on with interest , if he scores against Morton he will win over the Saints support. 

5 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

He has been training with us for the past three weeks Jack is not the type of manager to sign an unfit player. None of us know what kind of player he is today I will look on with interest , if he scores against Morton he will win over the Saints support. 

He surprised me once with his performances in the SPL with us, he may surprise me again, but has had an up and down career since leaving us and most Falkirk fans will tell you that pace was his game and Latapy feeding balls through to him.

Pretty much happy with the squad if that's us for the season, could possibly do with a right sided midfielder. Feel we are pretty much covered everywhere, if we avoid a suspension/injury crisis we should be fine. Hopefully Jack has seen sense and is keeping Sutton.

On 8/12/2017 at 18:19, MarkoRaj said:

Gregg_Wallace_BBC_MasterChef_Speaker_and_Host_200.jpg

The hope I'm clinging to is that a humping from you lot catalyses our campaign like it did last season. Admittedly, it took a couple of months to take effect last season :lol: - but it is acknowledged that it was pretty much the nadir.

4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

The hope I'm clinging to is that a humping from you lot catalyses our campaign like it did last season. Admittedly, it took a couple of months to take effect last season :lol: - but it is acknowledged that it was pretty much the nadir.

Shite as we were on Saturday there was nothing close to the levels of inept that we saw in the 3-1 game. Morton had their foot on our throat that day and let us off big time. 

44 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

What exactly is the injury that's keeping Hilson out? I hope it's not reoccurrence of old injury or the doommongers predicting he was a risky signing could be proved right. 

A groin injury, apparently. 

Shame he's not been fit so far as he looked quite useful in pre season. His contract is up in January so maybe Ross/Fowler thought of him as a risky signing too..

Edited by RossC93

15 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

A groin injury, apparently. 

Shame he's not been fit so far as he looked quite useful in pre season. He's contract is up in January so maybe Ross/Fowler thought of him as a risky signing too..

Hilson's a great player if he could only stay fit IMO. I don't think it's just coincidence that our good early form last season started to fade when he picked up an injury. As you say his injury history would have been a factor in the length of his deal at St. Mirren. I would have liked us to have taken a chance at QOS and offered him something similar,  it can always be extended if things go well. We did give Callum Tapping a deal, another with injury history, so maybe too risky to have signed two potential crocks.

On 24/07/2017 at 12:51, Stellaboz said:

REILLY emoji1.pngemoji1.pngemoji1.pngemoji1.pngemoji1.pngemoji1.png

On 23/07/2017 at 15:04, Stellaboz said:

Reilly emoji1.pngemoji1.pngemoji1.pngemoji1.png

On 12/06/2017 at 22:52, Jimmy85 said:

Think of the worst player that's ever played for St Mirren then multiply his shitness by Shankland and you're halfway to how bad Reilly is. 

Edit: what's equally as depressing from our point of view is we'll probably sign Shankland. 

:whistle