The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

12 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Voting thing not loading for me. Will try again tomorrow.

Absolutely mad that we'll be majority fan owned next season, by the way. Very proud to have been part of it. I really hope it turns out to be the right thing to have done.

It wasn't loading for me either but it worked fine this morning, hopefully you can vote now.

Pretty amazing that it's happening so much quicker than originally planned as well.

27 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

It wasn't loading for me either but it worked fine this morning, hopefully you can vote now.

It's still a bit broken, but I refreshed a few times and got there in the end!

Perhaps controversial, but I went home 2, away 3 in the end. Home 2 is channelling some of our very early strips, so thought that seemed like a good enough reason.

image.png.94efd6225116d230076042cc6e01c465.png

Edited by Coventry Saint

13 hours ago, GAD said:

The only way the draw could have been worse was if it had been away! I think what most of us were hoping for was Hibs to get Rangers and have one of those days, and then it was anyones. As it stands, someone has to beat Rangers, so it might as well be us.

You do obviously think of 2013 when we supposedly had no chance against a good Celtic team, but, to be brutally honest, we were a far better team then, or at least we had far better individual players. Guys like Thommo, Isma, Teale, McGinn, McGowan and even Vanzy and Goodwin were more than capable if going toe to toe with the OF on a good day, and frequently did. Not sure we are at that level right now.

Agree with all of this. That's not to completely write off our chances though. Rangers will probably still be in Europe so I'd expect them to rest a few players. It's a free hit for us as well, we don't need to worry about goal difference or anything like that. We should just go out and get in their faces, if we end up getting beat 5-0 so be it.

Perhaps controversial, but I went home 2, away 3 in the end. Home 2 is channelling some of our very early strips, so thought that seemed like a good enough reason.

Ignoring the bib and the JD kit, very thin stripes can work well.

At least we are being given a choice now.

Morton give their fans choices and some of their kits were absolute belters. Even ones that weren't chosen.

If we are paying through the nose for a £3 jersey we should have the final say in what we are buying.

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Ignoring the bib and the JD kit, very thin stripes can work well.

At least we are being given a choice now.

Morton give their fans choices and some of their kits were absolute belters. Even ones that weren't chosen.

If we are paying through the nose for a £3 jersey we should have the final say in what we are buying.

I owned the bib back in the day... would have been a decent top were it not for the white panel. The stripes are wider than on the JD abomination, which was just so fussy and over-designed. I always picture those promo pics with Greg Wylde. 🤢

Yeah, the voting is a step in the right direction. Morton don't do much right as a club, but I always thought the voting was a very fan-friendly move. I really think it should become an annual thing.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

From the indications I am getting from this and BAWA, it looks like it will be close between 2 and 4. I'm not especially keen on 4 at all. 

31 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

From the indications I am getting from this and BAWA, it looks like it will be close between 2 and 4. I'm not especially keen on 4 at all. 

4 just feels very similar to a lot of the other kits stuff we've had recently. TBH, the current one is, IMO, the best we've had since 2012-13. 

8 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I owned the bib back in the day... would have been a decent top were it not for the white panel.

There is no need to diss the Bib, I used to make sure I chested the ball during a game to get a Mitre Delta mark on it 😛

Plus it looks far better than the bib strip the Saintees had at the same time.

image.jpeg.7d87ab95b407de33c3cd988ec5a28584.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.f18691a290b2878f6cd8ad358fd14aef.jpeg

Edited by Torfason
Adding the Saintees

On 30/11/2020 at 13:39, Coventry Saint said:

4 just feels very similar to a lot of the other kits stuff we've had recently. TBH, the current one is, IMO, the best we've had since 2012-13. 

I might be on my own but I actually liked a lot of the JD kits. The sponsor often was horrible, but I thought two were stand outs, the home strip we won the cup in and the one in 2016/17 which was pinstripes with the names of the 87 cup team shading alternative stripes. I also thought the away top from the cup year of all black with a red stripe and the yellow and black away top the year later were great, despite the howls about yellow on BAWA. I know JD were a pain, but the customisation was a good point.

I don't mind the fans picking, but think fans tend to be very traditional. You'll avoid the horrors of the relegation year tops but you'll miss the one-off bonkers shirts that are sometimes quite fun. 

I might be on my own but I actually liked a lot of the JD kits. The sponsor often was horrible, but I thought two were stand outs, the home strip we won the cup in and the one in 2016/17 which was pinstripes with the names of the 87 cup team shading alternative stripes. I also thought the away top from the cup year of all black with a red stripe and the yellow and black away top the year later were great, despite the howls about yellow on BAWA. I know JD were a pain, but the customisation was a good point.

I don't mind the fans picking, but think fans tend to be very traditional. You'll avoid the horrors of the relegation year tops but you'll miss the one-off bonkers shirts that are sometimes quite fun. 

Maybe the following season the fans could design kit templates and then have a vote on what two* everyone wants?

3* if Tony Fitz gets his way and we need a European kit

54 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

The 2012/13 home and away and the yellow and black were all designed by @pozbaird

On 30/11/2020 at 11:11, Coventry Saint said:

1884, the first team in the world to wear black and white vertical stripes, 6 years before Notts county.

image.png.edaf97a461541299232c4c04f178ac11.png

Given that we have raised the issue to the authorities ourselves and are investigating, it looks like it may be either an individual or a supplier. If it's not playing/management staff then the sums involved should be relatively minor. It also says we do this annually, so hopefully it won't be a long-standing issue.

Odd one given it clearly states it's not connected to players or management which only leaves the board or contracted out services like catering contracts.

image.png.edaf97a461541299232c4c04f178ac11.png
Given that we have raised the issue to the authorities ourselves and are investigating, it looks like it may be either an individual or a supplier. If it's not playing/management staff then the sums involved should be relatively minor. It also says we do this annually, so hopefully it won't be a long-standing issue.
Beat me to it, sounds like an issue in contracted out services. I doubt it's Sevco style EBT stuff