The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

20 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Im hearing that Kpekawa has been told that he won’t be involved until he’s 100% fit, OK wants him to do a mini pre season.

Makes sense as the boy definitely hasn’t done himself justice by playing while unfit.  He made a very promising debut against Killie but by his own admission he was about 70% fit, yet Stubbs chose to hang him out to dry by playing him.

Further proof that our Boards decision to sack Stubbs and his wee yapping dug assistant, was the correct decision.  

I said that after seeing him play against Livingston, that he should be told to go away and lose a stone at least, before he got anywhere near the first team squad.

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 14:40, Stu said:

To be honest I only did that out of badness because of  the stuff about inaccuracy. I'm not really bothered who posts and who doesn't. If folk don't want to read from someone the ignore button is a far better option than chasing folk off the site (unless it's fuckwits like Dickson).

The ignore button is allright until folk quote the person you're ignoring! :lol:

Baby steps but so far so good. OK has pulled us together. Whisper it but we may just have nabbed us a top manager.
Early days obviously but OK seems like Jack Ross version 2. Comes across well in interviews....looks proactive on the touchline and came over to applaud the fans. Total opposite of the last clown.

17 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I had heard last week we were looking to bring in a centre half (done) a winger and a striker. The striker wasn't the Everton boy but can't remember his name. Think they have to be free agents now until January?

Was it those lads on trial, mebbe?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't see Kpekewa again.  He's 22 and already at his 6th club (a couple of loans admittedly) and hasn't made more than a handful of appearances for any team. That suggests there's maybe an issue with fitness or attitude or something. As someone said earlier Stubbs hing him out to dry by continuing to play him when he was clearly struggling. Hopefully he can get his head down and improve as he did look promising in his first game at Kilmarnock.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I had heard last week we were looking to bring in a centre half (done) a winger and a striker. The striker wasn't the Everton boy but can't remember his name. Think they have to be free agents now until January?

Yes, players registrations are held until the window opens, so you won't be signing anyone on loan. It'll have to be people who were free agents when the window shut.