The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

:lol: I agree that it's deliberately vague but I love CSI Dundee here going through the statement and coming to the conclusion is that he's clearly been told to issue it under duress. 

Jack Ross has issued the following statement to St Mirren supporters on the back of speculation linking him to the Dundee job. 

"Following speculation regarding my position as the manager of the club, I can confirm that I remain focused on continuing to build on the momentum we created in the second half of last season. 

"James and I have put in a lot of hard work already and will continue to do so as we strive to prepare a squad capable of challenging in what will be a hugely competitive and demanding Championship.

"It remains my responsibility to reward the loyalty and passion of our supporters with a team which they can be proud of."

Found the code :rolleyes:

Just now, RossDee01 said:

That's not what I'm saying at all. FWIW I think he'll stay, but it's a strange statement to release through choice. I'd imagine that he 100% knew he was staying he'd come out and point blank deny any interest in him. That's why it seems forced to me.

More likely is that he's agreed in principle to stay with the promise of a bump up in wages. If the bump up isn't what he feels he deserves, then he'll be offski. 

I too wouldn't irreversibly burn my bridges with any institution. You never know what's round the corner. 

On 5/30/2017 at 21:47, glenburn bud said:

Statement from the club in the morning will clarify what Gordon Scott has said tonight. Jack Ross is going nowhere.

On 5/30/2017 at 21:54, billyg said:

Scott has spoken to JR this evening , and the statement tomorrow will be with Ross's blessing. Simply that he has over 2 years on his contract and won't be speaking to DFC !

On 5/30/2017 at 21:58, Demented Zebra said:

Douglas Mcneil just tweeted 10 mins ago first tweet states Gordon Scott says Jack Ross is under contract and no permission will be given to Dundee,

2nd tweet says as far as Gordon Scott is concerned that's the end of the matter

On 5/30/2017 at 23:37, NorthBank said:

St Mirren have issued two statements tonight.
Chairman Gordon Scott has said 'Dundee can f**k off'.
And Jack Ross said 'Dundee are too wee a club to even considering moving to.'
The matter is now closed.

16 hours ago, virginton said:

I see that 'last word' statement that was going to put this story to bed has worked out well. 

trump-smiling-face-transparent.png

Still, at least this latest passionate and red-blooded declaration of fidelity mealy-mouthed statement of the obvious by Jack Ross has vindicated the insider knowledge of the Gordon Scott groupies. 

1495909650958.jpg.1fd7fb6958fb533262f67210a92ecb8b.jpg

Whilst the statement is extremely carefully worded, JR could have posted a picture of him pissing on a Dundee shirt and people would still claim he's likely to leave.

He would never do that to his beloved.[emoji170]

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

More likely is that he's agreed in principle to stay with the promise of a bump up in wages. If the bump up isn't what he feels he deserves, then he'll be offski. 

I too wouldn't irreversibly burn my bridges with any institution. You never know what's round the corner. 

I'm sure Dundee could match anything St Mirren are throwing at him. Anyway you don't really want him staying purely because hes getting more cash.

15 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

That doesn't even make sense. Haven't Morton got anything worth talking about this summer? Replacing a 90 year old turnstile I hear.

8 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

we're the only thing they ever have to talk about!!!!

The revised Kübler-Ross model of grief for P&B purposes: 

Stage 1: Denial

Stage 2: Anger

Stage 3: Whataboutery and Deflection

Stage 4: Bargaining

Stage 5: Depression

Stage 6; Acceptance

The thread has been rather heavy on the first half of the model so far. Delicious viewing. 

1495895702405.jpg.c72df94c9fe7fb449a0c523391c853a5.jpg

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

The revised Kübler-Ross model of grief for P&B purposes: 

Stage 4: Bargaining

Stage 5: Depression

Stage 6; Acceptance

The thread has been rather heavy on the first half of the model so far. Delicious viewing. 

Trying too hard champ!!!

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Posting on this site is an effortless task for us, as we're not complete and utter cretins mashing their face against the keyboard like yourself. 

Says the virgin with something like 15,000 tear stained posts.:lol:

The club said clearly Dundee did not have permission to speak to JR so he can't say he has spoken to Dundee and decided to stay at Saints and he can't say he is going nowhere in case (unlikely) a once in a lifetime opportunity arose ( English Championship / Prem type thing). In the circumstances he has said all that was needed

4 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Trying too hard champ!!!

2 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Says the virgin with something like 15,000 tear stained posts.:lol:

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The club said clearly Dundee did not have permission to speak to JR so he can't say he has spoken to Dundee and decided to stay at Saints and he can't say he is going nowhere in case (unlikely) a once in a lifetime opportunity arose ( English Championship / Prem type thing). In the circumstances he has said all that was needed

Believe that if you want but there's absolutely nothing to stop him saying that he definitely wont be joining Dundee whether he's spoken to them or not.