The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I make no apologies in saying this. But I will be absolutely fucking devastated if he goes.

Best I've felt as a Saints fan for nearly 17 years (cup win a side).

Literally on verge of tears (etc).

Great to hear.

Ross is just like every other p***k in Scottish football,show him a few extra pound notes and terms like "projects" " go out the window . If he wants to go then f**k him

I hope Jack is reading this bile.

Indeed he is. We don't often/ever get a manager who is genuinely a breath of fresh air who we believe could make us overachieve for a bit. Clubs like St. Johnstone, Accies, Partick Thistle all get their turn. We thought we had it with tom Hendrie and he went a bit sideways awfully quick.
St. Mirren has been a gaffer's graveyard for the best part of 30 years now. Forgive us if we get excited when a guy with genuine promise comes along once a generation! [emoji14]

We said the same about Davie Irons.[emoji23]

Considering the kick-off time and distance to travel it was a decent number. All supporters buses had to leave before most people had finished work.

700 fans for a play-off is a joke and it's not like you can use that excuse for 3pm Saturday games

I'm beginning to hope we don't get him for two reasons:

1) The Scottish economy will go into freefall due to the government getting hit with a massive bill for anti-depressants from Paisley pharmacies.

2) I'm going to develop repetitive strain injury on my fingers with the amount of multi-quoting I'll have to do.

:unsure2: Completely missed the point but carry on crowd wanking...

My point was the crowd was shite and it's hilarious, that wasn't supposed to be related to the absolute weapon making points about how this current St Mirren team are only as good as 7th.

A point that's a lot more relevant about saying it was a decent crowd for the time and day is that even when you were winning games and doing well, playing on a Saturday at 3pm you were still only taking about 1,600 home fans. Laughable numbers.

2 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

Trying to have a sensible conversation with a Morton fan is like trying to talk ethics to a 2 year old, pointless. So that squad with 10 new players in January that lost 2 games in 14 is only good enough to finish 7th?

Well yes - the squad that you spunked money on by signing ten new players in January was only good enough to finish 7th, recording the same points total as Dumbarton. Have a check at the league table, before you have another breakdown about not taking part in the Champions League next season. 

Get back in your box. 

_90011794_tonyf.jpg

24 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

My point was the crowd was shite and it's hilarious, that wasn't supposed to be related to the absolute weapon making points about how this current St Mirren team are only as good as 7th.

A point that's a lot more relevant about saying it was a decent crowd for the time and day is that even when you were winning games and doing well, playing on a Saturday at 3pm you were still only taking about 1,600 home fans. Laughable numbers.

Truly devastated we made the play-offs and the League Cup semi-final with smaller crowds :bairn

There was more than 1600 too. 

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well yes - the squad that you spunked money on by signing ten new players in January was only good enough to finish 7th, recording the same points total as Dumbarton. Have a check at the league table, before you have another breakdown about not taking part in the Champions League next season. 

Get back in your box. 

_90011794_tonyf.jpg

That squad was still good enough to dish out your most humiliating home defeat of the season. 

Remember it ? The 4-1 horsing at cappielow :lol: 

thanks for playing chump etc ......

And it was only good enough to finish 7th, miles beneath your betters and on the same points total as a team of plumbers and builders. 

And as we can see from the last twenty pages of tears and snotters, that fact smarts. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

And it was only good enough to finish 7th, miles beneath your betters and on the same points total as a team of plumbers and builders. 

And as we can see from the last twenty pages of tears and snotters, that fact smarts. 

Go and find me one single post on this thread where people are complaining about our finishing position. I'll wait here.

I didn't say that you were complaining about it; I said that it still smarts your gormless fanbase. And the twenty pages of tears and snotters are ample evidence for that.

Swing and a miss. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

I didn't say that you were complaining about it; I said that it still smarts your gormless fanbase. And the twenty pages of tears and snotters are ample evidence for that.

Swing and a miss. 

I'm honestly going to need some evidence that 7th place 'smarts'.

Here, I'll help you out, because you're clearly struggling: surely it's funnier, and more accurate, that we're upset over the possibility of losing the manager that guided us one of our worst ever positions? Surely only a truly diddy club would want to hang onto the guy that oversaw a 19th-place-in-Scotland finish, right? The fact is, we were happy with 7th, not 'filled with tears and snotters'.

As always, it's you that's swinging and missing.