The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Statement from the club in the morning will clarify what Gordon Scott has said tonight. Jack Ross is going nowhere.

Scott has spoken to JR this evening , and the statement tomorrow will be with Ross's blessing. Simply that he has over 2 years on his contract and won't be speaking to DFC !

1 minute ago, Tri-TON said:

So many people with 'inside knowledge' of what the chairman has said to the gaffer in a private conversation - bullshit.

Douglas McNeil is genuinely in the know, tbf.

But still, I won't believe anything until we see official statements.

Either way, there's gonna be some amount of posts getting quoted on this thread tomorrow :lol:

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Douglas McNeil is genuinely in the know, tbf.

But still, I won't believe anything until we see official statements.

Either way, there's gonna be some amount of posts getting quoted on this thread tomorrow :lol:

Oh aye there is going to be meltdowns galore, don't even want to imagine the scenes on here if JR ends up at Dens Park but the Chairman wouldn't be coming out and saying he's going nowhere unless JR told him he's not interested in the Dee.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

It seems to be business as usual with regards to signing targets, contracts, etc. I get that things can change in football quite quickly and guys who have already signed on for next season and beyond are here and there's nothing that can be done regarding that.

However, given that Jack Ross and James Fowler are still in contact with the chairman and chief exec from abroad and are focusing on the transfers that they want into the club, it would strike me as extremely unprofessional if they were still looking at bringing targets to the club if they have no intention of being in charge here in a week or so.

That nothing seems to have gone on hold is quite reassuring.

Barry Smith seems to have done this to East Fife, signing players and exiting within 24 hours to Raith Rovers.

10 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Barry Smith seems to have done this to East Fife, signing players and exiting within 24 hours to Raith Rovers.

Stevie Aitken was the same at Stranraer when he joined us. Not sure why folk are expecting Jack Ross to stop doing the job he's paid to do.

If Ross goes to bad, life goes on. If you look at it plainly, he had a mixed time here last season. I'd like him to stay because I think he is a good manager and I'm not sure who would take his place. But I think he'll find it hard at Dundee for a number of reasons. Of the two clubs right now, I think we're on the up and Dundee on the down. Hartley basically took them as far as they can go.