The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Am pretty sure when he was with us it was mentioned he was/is a Dundee supporter not that makes him a bad person or that but if it is it might be a reason for him to move,but as far as managerial careers go he is flying and stock is pretty high given what he has achieved in short periods of time.

As for Yogi there was an article the other week about his agent trying to get him back into work and wondering why no one would take him on and it was another former player that said it was his attitude.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

He probably will. He nearly got relegated last season. To come out of that with your stock so high is pretty impressive. He might not get another chance to take the step up. I don't think it's an opportunity he can really turn down looking at it from the outside. If he doesn't go, there will be a good reason for it.

Sorry don't agree mate. Jack Ross has sold his ideas too so many players not one or two they came to St Mirren because they believe in what he said anyone who knows Jack knows he is a man of his word. Jack has also said he has a strong feeling towards St Mirren. He will stay with St Mirren you will see. 

39 minutes ago, Jackie Moon said:

Am pretty sure when he was with us it was mentioned he was/is a Dundee supporter not that makes him a bad person or that but if it is it might be a reason for him to move,but as far as managerial careers go he is flying and stock is pretty high given what he has achieved in short periods of time.

As for Yogi there was an article the other week about his agent trying to get him back into work and wondering why no one would take him on and it was another former player that said it was his attitude.

He grow up being a Dundee fan that is correct.  

6 hours ago, virginton said:

Unlike Saint Mirren, Morton are actually on a discernable upward trajectory year on year. Which is why you finished a point beneath us in your first season at this level and thirteen points behind us this season. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

1495909650958.jpg.1fd7fb6958fb533262f67210a92ecb8b.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

'Jack' couldn't give a toss about 'the Saints' and if he wants to manage Dundee there's nothing that your club can do to stop him. 

Hard lines. 

1495909650958.jpg.1fd7fb6958fb533262f67210a92ecb8b.jpg

The unwashed just can't help themselves :thumsup2 

37 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Sorry don't agree mate. Jack Ross has sold his ideas too so many players not one or two they came to St Mirren because they believe in what he said anyone who knows Jack knows he is a man of his word. Jack has also said he has a strong feeling towards St Mirren. He will stay with St Mirren you will see. 

Ross might stay, but I doubt it'll be because of his undying loyalty to St. Mirren or these players. I'm pretty sure he has young kids and lives in the Glasgow area. He also has a pretty secure job with Saints right now. He may not fancy the commute or moving the family to Dundee right now.

Just going by what i have heard so don't shoot the messenger.

Last night our chairman said JR is going nowhere. As of this afternoon the club have been in contact with JR who is on holiday just now, again this is a no goer.

Things can change very quickly in football but from what has been going about today it's a no goer.

6 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Just going by what i have heard so don't shoot the messenger.

Last night our chairman said JR is going nowhere. As of this afternoon the club have been in contact with JR who is on holiday just now, again this is a no goer.

Things can change very quickly in football but from what has been going about today it's a no goer.

It seems to be business as usual with regards to signing targets, contracts, etc. I get that things can change in football quite quickly and guys who have already signed on for next season and beyond are here and there's nothing that can be done regarding that.

However, given that Jack Ross and James Fowler are still in contact with the chairman and chief exec from abroad and are focusing on the transfers that they want into the club, it would strike me as extremely unprofessional if they were still looking at bringing targets to the club if they have no intention of being in charge here in a week or so.

That nothing seems to have gone on hold is quite reassuring.

Edited by djchapsticks

8 hours ago, GAD said:

Ross might stay, but I doubt it'll be because of his undying loyalty to St. Mirren or these players. I'm pretty sure he has young kids and lives in the Glasgow area. He also has a pretty secure job with Saints right now. He may not fancy the commute or moving the family to Dundee right now.

Jack Ross can drive to Dundee quicker than he can to Paisley being not far from Dunblane. As i wrote Jack is a man of his word. You are picking up Jack has feelings for St Mirren wrong Jack will not always be with Saints but feels he has a duty to put us back where we belong. Rather than take my word for it why not go to Jack Ross interviews on Youtube its all there said many many times.

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Posted 12min ago by daily record looks like business as usual Saints fans 

St Mirren manager Jack Ross weighing up move for Hearts forward Gavin Reilly

Pfft, I came up with that one a couple of days ago :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

Jack will not always be with Saints but feels he has a duty to put us back where we belong.

He must have been devastated, then, to not have finished what Alex Rae started.

8 hours ago, The Master said:

He must have been devastated, then, to not have finished what Alex Rae started.

your talents are wasted here pm me and i will give you Kevin Bridges contact details maybe you can get a support slot though i know Kevin hates ken , ken-wit-a-meen 

I very much doubt that Dundee wouldve made an approach without Ross's agent making it known to them that he was up for it. Most clubs put out a front that their not interested blah blah blah but they soon cave in if the manager intimates to them that he wants the job. Happened on numerous occasions recently.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I very much doubt that Dundee wouldve made an approach without Ross's agent making it known to them that he was up for it. Most clubs put out a front that their not interested blah blah blah but they soon cave in if the manager intimates to them that he wants the job. Happened on numerous occasions recently.

Don't disagree with that but doubt they spoke to his agent. I know it's hard to understand what Jack Ross has started at Saints from the outside. There are over 12 players who he has sold himself and the club to. From January he has added 2,000 fans to the gate. Locals have bought into him. Saints have no debt have money in the bank. A new stadium and academy training ground producing fantastic youngsters. All the foundations are there for success. We all just to wait and see. I'm a betting man would be happy to put on money Jack staying from what I know. 

9 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Don't disagree with that but doubt they spoke to his agent. I know it's hard to understand what Jack Ross has started at Saints from the outside. There are over 12 players who he has sold himself and the club to. From January he has added 2,000 fans to the gate. Locals have bought into him. Saints have no debt have money in the bank. A new stadium and academy training ground producing fantastic youngsters. All the foundations are there for success. We all just to wait and see. I'm a betting man would be happy to put on money Jack staying from what I know. 

Yeah but we've seen it all before at other clubs m8 including my own Ross is no different. Could be the one and only chance he ever gets to manage the club he supports. Very difficult to knock that back.

We had Ian McCall tell us to our face that the only club he would leave us for was either of the old firm and then tell us he wouldn't be leaving for du because he was loyal to falkirk. 2 mins later he was away.  Tough to believe what people say when even they don't know how they'll react when put in the position. If he wasn't a Dundee fan i'd fancy him to stay to.be honest.

Edited by Shadwell Dog