The St. Mirren FC 2021/22 thread

6 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
Mutterings of Villa wanting £50m for him. 15% of profit to Hibs, who give us a third.
We'd then get another 3.5% of the total transfer as development fee, Hibs get an additional 1.5% as they had him between 21-22.
Means on a £50m transfer, Hibs would be getting 15% of £47m (minus the three Villa paid for him) = £7m and passing us around £2.32m of that
In addition, they'd get another £750k development fee and we'd bag £1.75m
So nearly £5.5m for Hibs and a touch over £4m for us in total.

Fair play to you if you get a decent chunk from a sell-on but do development fees really still apply to 27 year olds?

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

It's a "solidarity fee" rather than development compensation.

Basically, as @djchapsticks says, 5% of any fee between clubs for a player is witheld and distributed pro-rata between the training clubs.

Exactly this. I've just probably mislabelled it.

It carries throughout a players career though. I suppose not much of it is made up here as the players developed in Scotland have historically not generated large enough transfer fees for that 5% to represent a significant amount. 

On 12/02/2022 at 20:32, Lex said:

Hi Killie fans,
Hope you’re well? How’s life in the Championship?
As St Mirren fans we’ve been really enjoying the performances of Kiltie, Brophy (when fit), Power and Jones at the SMISA stadium in Paisley recently.
Not sure if you’ve been following us, but to summarise, we are one of the form teams in the country. Currently sitting top six and in the quarters of the cup. In no small thanks to the performances of the aforementioned players
Anyway, back to the point of the note.
Just wondering if there were any other Killie players we as St Mirren fans should be keeping an eye on?
We know Rugby Park is a great finishing school for future talent headed to the SMISA stadium, so any heads up in the meantime would be appreciated.
You can post your tips in here or the St Mirren thread (that’s in the Premiership forum).
Thanks again.

And we'll take them back whenever we want.

How did the cup run and top six push go?

We're interested in defensive midfielder Matt Butcher apparently. Don't remember him from his loan spell at St Johnstone a couple of years ago. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, jm1 said:

We're interested in defensive midfielder Matt Butcher apparently. Don't remember him from his loan spell at St Johnstone a couple of years ago. 🤷‍♂️

He's class, and massive, and I'll be fucking seething if you lot have enjoyed Doyle-Hayes and him while we deal with fucking shit like Butterfield and MacPherson.

1 hour ago, kilMARKnock said:

So gents, how poor or brilliant was Power last season?

He wasn't bad, but kinda felt he was past his best at Premiership level. Certainly nowhere near as good as Gogic. 

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:
1 hour ago, jm1 said:
We're interested in defensive midfielder Matt Butcher apparently. Don't remember him from his loan spell at St Johnstone a couple of years ago. emoji2369.png

This Robo looking to get stuff early in case Gogic doesn't sign or looking to potentially having both?

We're clearly looking at Gogic and another given that this is the 3rd defensive mid we've been linked with and have signed O'Hara and Baccus already.

Might suggest there's more than just paper talk on the Erhahon and Reid rumours.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kilMARKnock said:

Was liked by majority of fans online which I didn't get. I just never ever took to him. He ran about like a madman, threw himself into wild tackles and then invariably tripped himself up, passed it poorly or played himself into trouble when he did have possession.

No qualms about him leaving whatsoever.

Edited by djchapsticks

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Was liked by majority of fans online which I didn't get. I just never ever took to him. He ran about like a madman, threw himself into wild tackles and then invariably tripped himself up, passed it poorly or played himself into trouble when he did have possession.

No qualms about him leaving whatsoever.

I agree, I honestly thought he was pretty crap and I wasn't surprised at all that we released him. Actually pretty surprised Killie have signed him to be honest.

28 minutes ago, GAD said:

I agree, I honestly thought he was pretty crap and I wasn't surprised at all that we released him. Actually pretty surprised Killie have signed him to be honest.

Perhaps his heart just wasn’t in it last season. He had split up with the woman of his dreams, and found a new bird in Paisley. She was ok, but not a patch on his ex down in Killie, so he was just going through the motions. He’s now back with his dream woman again. Tale as old as time. 

2 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:

Benefitted from not being as bad as we expected, I think everyone had very low expectations of him, but as others have said the difference between him and Gogic was huge. 

Slightly surprised that he has got another team at this level and glad that we didn’t look to keep him. 

10 minutes ago, Fide said:

Perhaps his heart just wasn’t in it last season. He had split up with the woman of his dreams, and found a new bird in Paisley. She was ok, but not a patch on his ex down in Killie, so he was just going through the motions. He’s now back with his dream woman again. Tale as old as time. 

His legs have slowed down m8, I wouldn't be bragging about signing him just yet.

10 minutes ago, Fide said:

Spin it anyway you want. Power is 35 this January his best years in football are well behind him I'm surprised Killie have gone for him to be honest . 

12 minutes ago, Fide said:

Could be that. More likely he's just a bit shit now. You'll find out soon enough.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His legs have slowed down m8, I wouldn't be bragging about signing him just yet.

Absolutely not bragging. Poor jokes aside, I’m very much on the fence about him coming back. 

46 minutes ago, Fide said:

But the woman of his dreams had let herself go and taken to the drink. She's now claiming shes doing better, but thats relative compared to who shes been hanging about with for a year.

She'll be back on the booze in no time. It'll all end in tears.

Lex was "really enjoying" his performances in February, so it sounds like the departure of Goodwin is the main issue here. Hopefully working with another good manager rather than Robinson will help get things back on track.

I thought Power started the season well and looked like a good signing. Broke up play well and won loads of tackles even though his distribution wasn't great. However as the season went on he seemed to slow down and tackling came into the late tackle category along with a booking. His distribution deteriorated. Still had a couple of decent spells in a game but they were becoming fewer and fewer. Would maybe at a push have kept him as a squad player only but as we have some good youngsters coming through then the right decision to let him go. Surprised Killie signing him. Think he'll be mostly on the bench.

30 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Lex was "really enjoying" his performances in February, so it sounds like the departure of Goodwin is the main issue here. Hopefully working with another good manager rather than Robinson will help get things back on track.

Lex talks nonsense in fairness.

He’s still very hurt that Goodwin left.

3D2DC3EA-8F0F-4923-A8EE-C514ACAC0E68.jpeg