The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

7 hours ago, starryfish said:

Heard Saints could be in for Blair Spittal

I actually really like him; have always been impressed with him against us.

Thing with us at the minute is not understanding exactly what shape we're aiming for so it's unclear how anyone fits in, and where we will need squad depth.

Interesting mass email from the club/the chairman this evening:

- Season tickets on sale from Monday (23 May)
- 3 week early bird window for existing ST holders
- Family ticket deal now includes up to 3 under 17’s rather than up to 2 under 13’s
- Unemployed now part of concession rate
- Survey coming out on giving the Family Stand to the Old Firm - SMISA members, existing ST holders and registered purchasers will be included
- prices increasing this year, but figures not mentioned

I remember watching a very young Spittal, I think he must have been about 18, take Clyde apart at Broadwood. I’ve always quite liked him, good passer and can be excellent at free kicks. Thistle fans were glad to see him go as they thought he was a coward! They could have done with him over the last few years.

2 minutes ago, codfish said:

Interesting mass email from the club/the chairman this evening:

- Season tickets on sale from Monday (23 May)
- 3 week early bird window for existing ST holders
- Family ticket deal now includes up to 3 under 17’s rather than up to 2 under 13’s
- Unemployed now part of concession rate
- Survey coming out on giving the Family Stand to the Old Firm - SMISA members, existing ST holders and registered purchasers will be included
- prices increasing this year, but figures not mentioned

Well, presumably on Monday there will be ST prices for the South Stand as well as the West and Main.

The price for the South Stand will tell us what games are and are not included.

As someone who generally despairs about our club’s PR, I think the e-mail I got from the club today concerning efforts to make STs affordable for different groups of people by introducing various packages was fair enough. Not surprised to find the ‘standard ST’ prices are going up - everything else feckin’ is. Will be interesting though to see the survey about uglies in the South Stand. Interested to see how they word it, and present it.

Well, presumably on Monday there will be ST prices for the South Stand as well as the West and Main.
The price for the South Stand will tell us what games are and are not included.

That’s what I’m thinking. I’m a South Stand season ticket holder, so I’m intrigued what the renewal price will be and what the associated terms are.

Makes the survey a bit pointless mind you…

26 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

Spurs targeting John McGinn, could be a nice windfall coming. 

Mutterings of Villa wanting £50m for him. 15% of profit to Hibs, who give us a third.

We'd then get another 3.5% of the total transfer as development fee, Hibs get an additional 1.5% as they had him between 21-22.

Means on a £50m transfer, Hibs would be getting 15% of £47m (minus the three Villa paid for him) = £7m and passing us around £2.32m of that

In addition, they'd get another £750k development fee and we'd bag £1.75m

So nearly £5.5m for Hibs and a touch over £4m for us in total.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Mutterings of Villa wanting £50m for him. 15% of profit to Hibs, who give us a third.

We'd then get another 3.5% of the total transfer as development fee, Hibs get an additional 1.5% as they had him between 21-22.

Means on a £50m transfer, Hibs would be getting 15% of £47m (minus the three Villa paid for him) = £7m and passing us around £2.32m of that

In addition, they'd get another £750k development fee and we'd bag £1.75m

So nearly £5.5m for Hibs and a touch over £4m for us in total.

Come on ye’ Spurs.

Don't we get all worked up about a MegaMcGinn move every window?

Still it would be nice.

I wish I was the sort of fan who could let it go during the close season...

If it happened you wonder what we would actually do with £4,000,000....

Obviously the manager's budget would increase a bit but might we see a big, structural project around the stadium or training ground e.g. safe standing?

The board must have had the "what if..." discussion you would think.