The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Sassuolo would be a cracking move for him, I hope he gets it. He’s a fine young player destined for better things. I think it is best he moves on this summer as he isn’t getting a fair chance at Saints and will be up against it any time he does come into the team. 

Yup. He's been a scapegoat for a long time and unfairly so. I don't think he's ever truly redeemed himself in some fans eyes over being played at left back in his first season as a pro. 

He'll go on to forge a good career for himself at a higher standard than us and many will say 'I always knew he was a player' despite giving him pelters every week.

He was dreadful in the Hibs game. Constantly gave the ball away with underhit passes and did his patented half-arsed jog instead of busting a gut to track a runner.

As has been said, a fee/sell-on and change of scenery might be best for club and player.

On 24/03/2022 at 11:19, btb said:

The only question is who'll be leaving us (or not) on deadline day come August, my money is on Erhahon.

My bet is we'll be sweating on his potential move come August 31st!

Best for Ethan to move on but until he learns what to do when he doesn't have the ball he'll not make any progress. Hopefully he'll either be better coached or will take other coaching on board. He certainly isn't doing that at St Mirren.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd have thought what was "best" for Erhahon was to get regular games in order to build up his confidence and hopefully under Robinson he becomes a key member of next season's side.

What's probably "best" for St Mirren is he's sold.

A move abroad would do Ethan the world of good.

I think his playing style is hampered up here, but Italy would suit him down to the ground.

Still a young player and he has all the attributes to be a cracking talent.

12 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Best for Ethan to move on but until he learns what to do when he doesn't have the ball he'll not make any progress. Hopefully he'll either be better coached or will take other coaching on board. He certainly isn't doing that at St Mirren.

It was notable that he came back from Barnsley a better player.

The talent is there for all to see, but so is the often lackadaisical approach. I'm not sure his style suits the pace of the game up here. Hell, if I was him and Italy was on the cards I'd be all over it.

I am convinced he thought he was getting a move in the January 2021 window - pretty sure the day that window closed he tweeted a message to the effect of 'my time will come' or something like that. I don't personally believe he's been at the races since then, though he was involved in most of our good results early on this season.

As everyone has said, a six-figure fee (pretty much what we'd be due for development anyway) and a chance to move to a bigger club is best all round here.

I hadn't quite realised that the standard of Serie A had dropped to the point where Ethan Erhahon would be linked with a move there.

He's a decent young player who, in his own head, thinks he's already a top player. In reality, when the going gets tough he shites it and doesn't show up.

He might go on and have a good career for himself, but his attitude needs to change. I wouldn't be upset if he left.

Just now, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I hadn't quite realised that the standard of Serie A had dropped to the point where Ethan Erhahon would be linked with a move there.

I think the gap between top and bottom is fairly significant.

4 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I mean, it;s fairly clear that Erhahon's agent has planted all of these linked clubs ion the papers. There's no fucking chance that anyone who has seen him playing this season will be interested.

Years ago the same was said about Lambert

41 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I'd say the cache of Scottish players has increased somewhat recently. Clubs are actively chasing young Scottish talent now, just in the English league (the so called 'best league in the world' <_<) alone we have Robertson, Tierney, McGinn and Gilmour. Everton brought in Patterson, Hickey is doing well in Italy and Ramsay looks like he'll be the next one down there.

While Erhahon is clearly not at the same standard as those I've mentioned, although that's not to say he couldn't be if he put his mind to it, I think the idea that all Scots players are mince and shouldn't be relied upon unless you are in the lower reaches of the leagues is now pretty much buried.

If Ethan can't handle a few hundred St.Mirren fans giving him grief for being a lazy b*****d. Then I'd love to see how he handles Italian Ultra's :lol:

He'll disappear to English lower league obscurity and reappear on loan at Motherwell in 3 or 4 years.

Ethan has showed sporadic signs of the player he could be throughout his Saints career, but for me has been far too inconsistent. 

It would probably be best for himself and the club if found a new challenge at this stage.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

It was notable that he came back from Barnsley a better player.

The talent is there for all to see, but so is the often lackadaisical approach. I'm not sure his style suits the pace of the game up here. Hell, if I was him and Italy was on the cards I'd be all over it.

I am convinced he thought he was getting a move in the January 2021 window - pretty sure the day that window closed he tweeted a message to the effect of 'my time will come' or something like that. I don't personally believe he's been at the races since then, though he was involved in most of our good results early on this season.

As everyone has said, a six-figure fee (pretty much what we'd be due for development anyway) and a chance to move to a bigger club is best all round here.

I draw comparisons with Shankland. You know there’s a player there, but something isn’t quite adding up to reach the end product.

A move away from us/Glasgow/Scotland could really help him.

Erhahon wouldn't get anything like the level of stick he does from the St Mirren dad's if he was white. He's a massively better player than MacPherson for example who they all loved and cried about leaving to St Johnstone. He was scapegoated for the Hibs result pretty unfairly considering he was miles better than Power that day, the senior player who has been selling the jerseys every week with barely a peep said about it.

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Erhahon wouldn't get anything like the level of stick he does from the St Mirren dad's if he was white.

If that's a fishing trip it's really poor and if you're being serious then you're talking pish.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

If that's a fishing trip it's really poor and if you're being serious than you're talking pish.

Deadly serious. Truth hurts sometimes but it's better to face up than pretend it's not happening.

13 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

A move away from us/Glasgow/Scotland could really help him.

I appreciate you are meaning for Erhahon, but Shankland's sojourn to Belgium has been the opposite, it's not helped him at all. If anything, it's left him looking like a one season wonder rather than a player for the future.