The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'm 100% going to Livvi tomorrow now to make sure the BoD get the message loud and clear that Scott Brown can GTF. I'd urge everyone else going to do likewise. Enough is enough.

Respect, mate! Genuinely. There's no communication, and we need to make our voices heard before pen is put to paper...

Im going to go against the grain here and say , Scott Brown could potentially be a decent punt. 
If he'd been the club captain at say a West Ham or Crystal Palace, most fellow Saints would be more than willing to except someone that has won everything for most of his career. 
Your ignoring the massive elephant in the room. It's precisely who he was captain of that makes him such a bad choice. Get him to hell.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Got to say, having a good old chuckle at Brown. Top bantz.

Really? Do you think that's beyond the realms of possibility? If so, you have more faith in our board than I do.

16 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Ever since fan ownership the club is going down the pan. Jesus Christ Noooooooo.

I was just thinking that it's fucked up .And this latest fiasco tells you the idiots supposedly running the club don't have a fucking clue.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
10 minutes ago, Munoz said:
Im going to go against the grain here and say , Scott Brown could potentially be a decent punt. 
If he'd been the club captain at say a West Ham or Crystal Palace, most fellow Saints would be more than willing to except someone that has won everything for most of his career. 

Your ignoring the massive elephant in the room. It's precisely who he was captain of that makes him such a bad choice. Get him to hell.

Who cares. Jim Goodwin ex Celtic.  Small mindedness if you ask me.

1 minute ago, elvis said:

I was just thinking that it's fucked up .And this latest fiasco tells you the idiots supposedly running the club don't have a fucking clue.

Well, I'm the first to admit that we've had problems...but we're also looking at our best finish in, what, 30 years?

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

Who cares. Jim Goodwin ex Celtic.  Small mindedness if you ask me.

Am I right in thinking what's being proposed is Brown is player-manager? If so, then no! Absolutely not. I don't think he has the brains to be a successful manager. As a player? I'd take him in a heartbeat.

What are people actually basing their objection to Brown being manager on? 

Seriously he may just be a decent appointment. He may be hated for playing for the old firm etc but he could be a decent coach. 

I would give him a chance over some of the dross mentioned

12 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

I’d be fine with Scott Brown. 

I’d be fine with Scott Brown if he kept us in the top flight, didn’t get papped out the cups by the likes of Kelty Hearts, and put a team on the park that didn’t go on long, long winless runs and bored the shite out of us as we shuffled out of FeegieField fed-up following the latest 0-1 shitfest. I should also add, I’d be happy with anyone who achieved that. I couldn’t give a fcuk if they played for Sellik, Oldco, or actually liked Oli McBurnie in a Scotland shirt, if they were doing a decent job.

Edited by pozbaird

15 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Since when the f**k does winning everything make you eligible to being a manager .

15 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

But why wouldn’t he be able to play if Aberdeen cancel his contract? 

Because the transfer window is shut. Surely thats really, really, obvious?

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

Think you need to calm the f**k down.

The article said we've asked to speak to him but are exploring other options as well. 

There nothing there that suggests his appointment is imminent. I also fail to see what it has to do with fan ownership. We weren't fan owned when we appointed Tommy Craig and everyone knew that would be a disaster. Nor were we fan owned when Stubbs, Rae or Mureay came on board.

Seems there's just a few of you out there who want to jump around like gibbons with a handful of their own shite every time something questionable happens screaming 'fan ownership'. Christ, ZingaliMan was just talking last week about how he's only now cancelled his SMISA membership as fan ownership was now achieved and now that he's a week removed from it has already poopooed the process twice in under 24 hours. Neither of which were linked to fan ownership.