The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

Seriously, you should really f**k off.

You promised to do so previously, why are you still here?

Calm down!

@elvis's pessimistic outlook is often quite funny, and you should anticipate a cynical outlook from him. If you really can't handle that put him on ignore. 

2 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

is often quite funny

It never is, it's painfully tedious. If it was genuine criticism then fine, but it just them constantly bitching.

2 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

and you should anticipate a cynical outlook from him.

..and they should expect pushback from constantly being a negative p***k.

3 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

If you really can't handle that put him on ignore. 

Who's not handling anything? "constantly miserable poster is told to f**k off" is hardly 'heads gone' material.

Calm down!
[mention=18762]elvis[/mention]'s pessimistic outlook is often quite funny, and you should anticipate a cynical outlook from him. If you really can't handle that put him on ignore. 

Yeah I admire his consistency. It’s been constant 100% negativity across the forums for pushing 20 years now. He predicts we will lose every single game.

There are lots of reasons to find fault with St Mirren, which many of the fans agree with: the 3-5-2, the relationship with Kibble, all sorts of things.

If you want to be miserable, be miserable about things that are genuinely a problem. Otherwise accept that people will call you out about it.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

It never is, it's painfully tedious. If it was genuine criticism then fine, but it just them constantly bitching.

..and they should expect pushback from constantly being a negative p***k.

Who's not handling anything? "constantly miserable poster is told to f**k off" is hardly 'heads gone' material.

It's not 'bitching' just a very pessimistic attitude, but so exaggerated that it amuses me. I treat him as a parody character and always remember his story of how he came to support our club - he was once a fan of Celtic, and was in the away end at Love Street and he just realised he was in the wrong end! It was like an epiphany...and Celtic were 5-0 up at the time. 🤣

I know profanity is ubiquitous these days, and hence telling someone to 'f**k off' and calling them a 'p***k' might seem insignificant to you, but there was a time when that was considered anti-social. 

3 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

It's not 'bitching' just a very pessimistic attitude, but so exaggerated that it amuses me. I treat him as a parody character and always remember his story of how he came to support our club - he was once a fan of Celtic, and was in the away end at Love Street and he just realised he was in the wrong end! It was like an epiphany...and Celtic were 5-0 up at the time. 🤣

I know profanity is ubiquitous these days, and hence telling someone to 'f**k off' and calling them a 'p***k' might seem insignificant to you, but there was a time when that was considered anti-social. 

Perhaps he should change his name to....

rev-i-m-jolly.jpg?fit=1200%2C675&ssl=1

13 hours ago, Saint Shug said:

I think if there’s any reason for Jim Goodwin to reject the job it will be because of the above. He commented during a Q&A the other night that he enjoys having full autonomy over everything with St Mirren. We had a DOF type in Gus McPherson but he was punted because Goodwin didn’t need him. 

The Aberdeen set up sounds quite different to what he’s used to or how he wants to manage a team. 

Wages on offer could trump all that right enough. 

If he wants a big gig down south then he'd have to get used to our set up though.

11 minutes ago, McG said:

Don’t think Jim will be in our dugout tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Rumour apon rumour. Aberdeen apparently to name boss today. Will be sad to see him go but I am not convinced he is away yet

It is. I swear a lot of rumours are started on social media by folk craving attention or being mischievous. But then you get genuine leaks.

I think Jim will take it. If he's offered a lot more money, especially multiplies of his salary, he would be silly not to. It's a challenge and will raise his profile...plus he'd be following in the footsteps of Alex Ferguson...all very tempting.

But the rumours are contradictory - will Aberdeen be interviewing several candidates or announcing their new man today?

The poster called StLucifer on BAWA cogently suggests that Aberdeen are deliberately trying to destabilise our team for upcoming games, and that Jim may be quite annoyed when he realises he's been played.

ETA: We've apparently signed Calum Waters on a pre-contract agreement, too.

Edited by AlbionSaint