The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

11 hours ago, Ric said:

The honours system is an anachronistic reminder of extreme privilege and a legacy of a brutal colonialist empire.

I have no idea if Fitzpatrick is that way inclined, but I would consider putting someone forward for an honour an insult, not something positive.

It's not often you post a good post but this is one

11 hours ago, Insaintee said:

It's not often you post a good post but this is one

Heh.. damned with faint praise, indeed!

Thank you, of course, but I'll have you know every post I make on here is a well judged and curated masterpiece!

20 hours ago, btb said:

A "pittance" would be better than having a disinterested player for the rest of the season...

I find it incredible a team who are pushing for promotion would sign him up on a pre-contract, though not just pay the asking price or near to it, to get him in the door now and integrated into the squad for next season. Surely 200-300k is pocket change to wigan, considering they haven't spent much outside the purchase of Jason Kerr in the summer.

1 hour ago, smellthepaw said:

I find it incredible a team who are pushing for promotion would sign him up on a pre-contract, though not just pay the asking price or near to it, to get him in the door now and integrated into the squad for next season. Surely 200-300k is pocket change to wigan, considering they haven't spent much outside the purchase of Jason Kerr in the summer.

Wigan have had financial problems over the past few years, 2/300k might not be pocket change to them.

Depending when the Dundee game is rescheduled for, we can seriously expect to collect points from the next 4 or 5 games.  Between now and the Hearts game I'd be looking for points from every game, I'd honestly hope we go into March solidly in 6th place.

Wrap it up and call it Fitzy's leaving gift.  

Interesting. How would this work? Would this be Power and Gogic together sitting deep, cutting out play? Would this be due to Ethan being inconsistent at times? Would mean Ronan not sitting as deep? If McGrath stays you then have the 3 behind Brophy of McGrath, Kiltie and Ronan?

10 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

Rumours that we’re looking to sign Kyle McCallister from you guys what’s he like and do you think he would do well in Championship?

A hugely talented player, but frustrating at times. Has been beset by injuries in the past, but has been injury free for the past season or so.

Lost a lot of the pace he had, but should be good enough to cause shite like Kilmarnock plenty of problems.

9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

A hugely talented player, but frustrating at times. Has been beset by injuries in the past, but has been injury free for the past season or so.

Lost a lot of the pace he had, but should be good enough to cause shite like Kilmarnock plenty of problems.

Cheers sounds like someone who would fit in at Firhill

1 hour ago, Vinnyjag said:

Rumours that we’re looking to sign Kyle McCallister from you guys what’s he like and do you think he would do well in Championship?

My understanding was that Partick were hanging off to see if Dundee were going to pay a fee to get Rudden now. If that happened then we were giving you Lee Erwin on loan to the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

My understanding was that Partick were hanging off to see if Dundee were going to pay a fee to get Rudden now. If that happened then we were giving you Lee Erwin on loan to the end of the season.

Ok so if we sell Rudden are you saying we would be looking to get both Erwin and McCallister in on loan?