The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

When did we last have two current internationals in the squad?

EDIT: Going by the ever-reliable stmirren.info, both Gunni and Roy Aitken were capped while playing for Saints in 1991, so it's been more than 30 years. Aitken is still the last Saints player capped for Scotland.

Billy Thomson, Peter Weir and Iain Munro all look to have been capped around the same time in 198/80ish.

Edited by Stu

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Why do we never use the electronic advertising boards?

Even the soapdodgers are using them tonight.

You get them supplied for live TV games.

Stenhousemuir FC have taken big Peter Urminsky on loan for the second half of the season. Goalkeeper has been a massive problem for us this term and I'm looking forward to seeing him in action. What can we expect from him?

He’s our third choice who’s never played for the first team, but he seems to be highly rated within the club.
He was the penalty shoot out hero when our B team knocked Kelty Hearts out the challenge cup earlier in the season, so I’m sure he’ll be fine for Stenny.
Plus he’s 6’5, so he must be good.

41 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Stenhousemuir FC have taken big Peter Urminsky on loan for the second half of the season. Goalkeeper has been a massive problem for us this term and I'm looking forward to seeing him in action. What can we expect from him?

Two things: he's been getting trained by Jamie Langfield who is, by all accounts, a phenomenal goalkeeping coach. Secondly, he's behind a couple of genuinely brilliant keepers, so chances have naturally been very limited.

I hope he gets some games for you; lack of reserve games means he deffo needs it.

46 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

He's very tall.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Two things: he's been getting trained by Jamie Langfield who is, by all accounts, a phenomenal goalkeeping coach. Secondly, he's behind a couple of genuinely brilliant keepers, so chances have naturally been very limited.

I hope he gets some games for you; lack of reserve games means he deffo needs it.

Don't worry about that, all things being well, he'll be out undisputed #1 for the next four months.

39 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Just saw Collin Quaner has retired through injury. Thought he showed glimpses of class at Saints but obviously suffering from fitness issues. 

Yeah he played well up at Dingwall but it was obvious he was goosed from early on.