Jump to content

The St. Mirren FC 2021/22 thread


Recommended Posts

IMG_7546.thumb.jpg.9dddf506c1031c18e63963e19e02cf70.jpg
MacPherson away. Good bit of business by the club to get a fee and a sell on for him. He had plenty of chances with us under four different managers, but ultimately he just wasn’t quite good enough to establish himself in the first team.
He went to St Johnstone when they were three places above us. Fast forward a few months of him being there and they’re bottom, eight points below us. Think we’ll be fine without him and hopefully we use the money to bring in someone better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As has been discussed, we would have been due around £75k as a development fee had he stayed to the end of his contract.

I'm guessing (and I stress it's a guess) that the Saintees have paid around £50k with a 10-20 % sell on fee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As has been discussed, we would have been due around £75k as a development fee had he stayed to the end of his contract.

I'm guessing (and I stress it's a guess) that the Saintees have paid around £50k with a 10-20 % sell on fee.

What I heard at the weekend, and this is very much just gossip, is that we were looking for around £100k but settled for £75k and the sell on. To be honest, I had heard that the deal was done at the weekend as well, so not sure what all the recalling from loan and all that was about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As has been discussed, we would have been due around £75k as a development fee had he stayed to the end of his contract.

I'm guessing (and I stress it's a guess) that the Saintees have paid around £50k with a 10-20 % sell on fee.

If we were due £75k in the summer I'd like to think we got at least that £75k now.

£50k and a 10-20% sell on would be ultimately just letting him go for £50k.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

What I heard at the weekend, and this is very much just gossip, is that we were looking for around £100k but settled for £75k and the sell on. To be honest, I had heard that the deal was done at the weekend as well, so not sure what all the recalling from loan and all that was about.

From someone on B&WA

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51506-cammy-macpherson-are-we-aff-wur-heed/&do=findComment&comment=1810063

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If we were due £75k in the summer I'd like to think we got at least that £75k now.

£50k and a 10-20% sell on would be ultimately just letting him go for £50k.

Well, yes. I said yesterday when I suggested it would be a "John McGinn to Hibs" type deal, a fee plus sell on and that, in effect, it would be just a fee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fortunately, nobody knows the finer details of our club's finances better than St Johnstone fans so I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

The most entitled shower of cocks outside of the old firm. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ICT rumour mill seems to be suggesting that Jamieson is heading south again. Dodds, for some reason, just hasn't wanted to play him which is frustrating as he's looked more impressive than Duku and, at times, Sutherland as well. 

At full time on Saturday he was straight up the tunnel whilst the rest of the players applauded the away fans. Seems to be a very frustrated figure on the sidelines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no problems with players looking out for themselves, it's a short career and they have to maximise their earning potential. What I do have a problem with is "his head isn't right". However I bet his heads ok to keep picking up a wage from us? He needs to take a leaf out of broadfoots book in 2007 when he signed his PCA with the dead club. Played out of his skin and was one of the major reasons we stayed up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, RiG said:

The ICT rumour mill seems to be suggesting that Jamieson is heading south again. Dodds, for some reason, just hasn't wanted to play him which is frustrating as he's looked more impressive than Duku and, at times, Sutherland as well. 

At full time on Saturday he was straight up the tunnel whilst the rest of the players applauded the away fans. Seems to be a very frustrated figure on the sidelines.

Heading south doesn’t really narrow it down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Heading south doesn’t really narrow it down. 

Fair enough. His loan spell has (apparently) ended and he has returned, for the time being, to Saint Mirren.

Edited by RiG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...