The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

33 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I believe there’s been a resignation from the board ? Not sure how accurate the info is, but believe it’s someone who was in place for his legal expertise.

The club is poisonous at the minute, and this is not going to end well.

Reading into it via companies house, the resignation in question happened on 23rd November. This makes it really strange that there has been no official communication to this tune in the two weeks since it apparently happened.

35 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I believe there’s been a resignation from the board ? Not sure how accurate the info is, but believe it’s someone who was in place for his legal expertise.

The club is poisonous at the minute, and this is not going to end well.

Folk on BAWA said it was Chris Stewart. I'm surprised he's hung around this long to be honest given he was part of the whole Richard Atkinson set-up. I think he works for Digby Brown so presumably the shirt sponsors will be changing for next season.

I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes at the moment but if the guys who are concerned want to get folk to share their worries, they might have more of a chance if they ditched the "I know something but can't tell you" approach. I appreciate there may be legal reasons but it's a bit frustrating.

Anyway...

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Beat Raith at home the following Saturday and then didn't win another league game until beating Ayr at Somerset at the end of February.

ETA...Incredibly, as I'm sure you all remember, not only did we stay up, we finished 7th!

Can't remember if I've posted this on here before, and I may well regret doing it now, but I blogged about what that game meant to me a few years back: https://smtid.blogspot.com/2018/12/how-stevie-mallan-changed-my-life-maybe.html

Edited by Stu

I'm definitely not in the 'Kibble bad' camp as a rule but there needs to be a bit of clarity as to what exactly is going on. I can't say I automatically blame the Kibble for not being happy with Needham  that's wholly understandable but if the rumours of a gagging order are true, then it's pretty much an untenable relationship from here on out and something will certainly have to give.

I raised a point on here back in August that the ethos we came away with at the SMiSA meeting of 'getting person x from Kibble as a general manager is a good deal for us as we get their service for nothing' was shoddy practice and a cause for concern and I got called a moaning b*****d for it.

I stand by that to this day, the notion that something or someone is a good deal because it doesn't cost money is fucking ridiculous and reckless. If the club is being filled with eyes and ears from Kibble and it's causing internal friction, then it's time one party (at least) cut and run.

59 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm definitely not in the 'Kibble bad' camp as a rule but there needs to be a bit of clarity as to what exactly is going on. I can't say I automatically blame the Kibble for not being happy with Needham  that's wholly understandable but if the rumours of a gagging order are true, then it's pretty much an untenable relationship from here on out and something will certainly have to give.

I raised a point on here back in August that the ethos we came away with at the SMiSA meeting of 'getting person x from Kibble as a general manager is a good deal for us as we get their service for nothing' was shoddy practice and a cause for concern and I got called a moaning b*****d for it.

I stand by that to this day, the notion that something or someone is a good deal because it doesn't cost money is fucking ridiculous and reckless. If the club is being filled with eyes and ears from Kibble and it's causing internal friction, then it's time one party (at least) cut and run.

Clarity on what though? There is not a single thing that's backed up by anything. In fact all we have is a few guys saying they know something, but refusing to say what it is. You can't issue a statement everytime a few of the usual suspects start vaguely whining on the internet about, well, nothing actually. We go through this everytime we are on a bad run, only for it all to disappear as soon as we start winning again.

I don't think we'd miss anything if Dennis goes. He's a classic case of emperor's new clothes - Danny Mullen is a much better player.

On the SMISA front, I don't know any of them personally, but I recognise their faces and they are all good st mirren folk with the clubs best interest at heart. I'll keep paying my dues until something official comes out I don't agree with.

There has been some amount of shite on social media recently and I genuinely wonder what these folk would have been like during the mid 90s when we nearly went bust and was almost taken over by that guy Reg ! 

13 minutes ago, Silvio said:

I don't think we'd miss anything if Dennis goes. He's a classic case of emperor's new clothes - Danny Mullen is a much better player.

On the SMISA front, I don't know any of them personally, but I recognise their faces and they are all good st mirren folk with the clubs best interest at heart. I'll keep paying my dues until something official comes out I don't agree with.

There has been some amount of shite on social media recently and I genuinely wonder what these folk would have been like during the mid 90s when we nearly went bust and was almost taken over by that guy Reg ! 

Dennis will now get has chance with Brophy out for the rest of the year. Will Dennis take his chance.  As for SMISA Kibble would like to hear all the facts. 

On 06/12/2021 at 10:58, pozbaird said:

Nonsense. Plenty of recent St Mirren teams have a sound Plan B… Hope Gretna lose. Hope Hamilton lose. Hope Killie lose. This season, we are adopting a three-pronged Plan B. Hope Dundee, Livingston, and Ross County lose.

Add St Johnstone to that

Edited by CambieBud

2 hours ago, Silvio said:

Mullen put in a good shift for a great Saints team in the 2nd tier and scored some great & important goals thereafter. But three goals in recent weeks don't suddenly make him the missing link. He has scored 10 top flight goals in his entire career, and his ratio in the Championship is worse.

Fair enough if you think he's as good as Dennis based on what we've seen, but "much better" suggests that you stir mushrooms into your tea.

CLUB STATEMENT

SMFC Webteam Saints News 07 December 2021

The club is aware of reported incidents of supporter disturbance at Pittodrie on Saturday.

The safety and treatment of our supporters is of paramount importance and the club is in dialogue with Aberdeen as we investigate this matter. 

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4203-club-statement-11

Anyone know what that's about? Aberdeen support being wallopers?

21 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

Anyone know what that's about? Aberdeen support being wallopers?

There was some mad wifey foaming at the mouth and hitting stewards just after our third goal. Could hear her shrieking from my seat behind the goals. Looked like she was having a go at anyone and everyone around her, St Mirren fans included.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

There was some mad wifey foaming at the mouth and hitting stewards just after our third goal. Could hear her shrieking from my seat behind the goals. Looked like she was having a go at anyone and everyone around her, St Mirren fans included.

Allegedly there had been some very heavy handed stewarding outside the ground including alleged assault by a steward on a supporter. Tempers had been raised as Aberdeen allegedly had only a couple of turnstiles open for the Away support who were left to queue until after the kickoff in torrential rain and allegedly the Away support were all searched leading to further delays on entry. The 'allegedlies' are from social media posts.

15 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

He scored five goals last season from limited game time. I'd suggest you're being a little harsh.

You're probably right, and I certainly seem to be in a minority amongst folk on here and the very few friends I have in real life. Let's hope with Brophy out he gets his run of games and puts a few away and I feel very silly in the next few weeks. 

Have been planning a day out for the Hibs game. Decided to give it a miss watching it on ppv. Going to rain all day. One ferry running rather than two. Pandemic spreading. I'm getting used to not attending games enjoying the warmth and my own surroundings.  Think this will be my last year for a season ticket its just not getting used enough. Probably and age thing games in spring and summer appeal in my 60's winter just does not do it for me now.