The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

11 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Noticed Alnwick was the captain against County and he's spot on. However you think the manager has to reflect too on his signings and tactics as well. 

He was the captain at the end, for the last couple of minutes.

On 01/12/2021 at 22:20, Coventry Saint said:

I've just read the latest three pages and, as is usually the case with that place, it gave me a headache.

Some unsubstantiated stuff from people whose language reads an awful lot like conspiracy theorists'. 

To be fair, I'm more inclined to believe the likes of @glenburn bud, but BAWA is bad for your health and I'll be steering well clear.

If that discussion was taking place on Twitter rather than a forum, you could be forgiven for thinking both sides had hired some Russian bots to push their case.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Can't argue with a single word he says.

Alnwick, I mean, not Ric...

Alnwick is bang on. He had to make more saves than the County keeper throughout the game.

We may have had 20+ shots, according to the stats. I’d maybe call 2 of them semi decent shots.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

He was also Captain for all the previous minutes, as in the whole game.

Sorry, you are right, I was thinking back to the previous game when he took the armband over from Shaughnessy.

Alnwick sounds absolutely fed up with the team and I suspect Goodwin as well. J DH said last week that he couldn’t understand why Jim was telling fans he was close to signing as he had made it clear he wasn’t.

Time to stop telling the fans what we want to hear and start telling the collective at the club to extract their digits.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Did Goodwin ever say JDH was going to resign? I thought he only said there was an offer for him on the table, and we all know that offer needed to be made in order to eek out a development fee.

Just before Xmas last year he said he was really confident it was getting signed.

Edit: found it:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/huge-boost-st-mirren-club-23202303.amp

"We’re working hard with his agent and expect to get an extended deal done in the next week or so.”

Edited by Coventry Saint

On 01/12/2021 at 22:05, ZingaliMan said:

WOW ! It's all came out regarding Kibble if true sounds true. Go to the chairman's thread on BAWA very worrying.  

It’s not going to be easy removing these clowns from the board now that they are directors. This is not going to end well.

This shite cannot continue. We are significantly worse than we should be with the squad at our disposal and there's only one person can take responsibility for this absolute shambles.

We were fortunate to stay up when we beat Hearts and the win at Parkhead, along with an absolute tonne of penalties, put a sheen on last season.

We are simply not good enough and the dross fucking tactics and game management have to change or we're only going one way.

5 minutes ago, McG said:

Goodwin is under real pressure here,  3 wins so far this season isn’t good enough with that squad.

Thing is, given the month John Needham has had, is he going to have any interest sticking his head above the parapet to make a tough decision before the January transfer window opens?

I'd imagine the last thing he wants/needs is to have to draw any attention to himself right now.

While Goodwin is at Pittodrie, he should take a quick walk to the beach and throw his 3 at the back formation and long ball tactics into the North Sea. Its clearly not working. 

It leaves us far too open at the back. It was evident against Ross Co during the week - there were huge gaps between the CB's; and I imagine the same happened again today. Alnwick facing so many shots midweek is a direct result of this pish formation; and I genuinely believe his quotes about 'people stepping up' is aimed squarely at Jim. 

Get it sorted Goodwin!! 

Edited by dublin_bud