The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

24 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Female Dennis, on the other hand, is definitely a challenging w**k.

As a St Mirren fan of over forty two years standing, I’ve seen my share of challenging wanks parading in the stripes every Saturday anyway.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

As a St Mirren fan of over forty two years standing, I’ve seen my share of challenging wanks parading in the stripes every Saturday anyway.

If only you had a mirror in your house. 😂 

Football is fine and all, but that steak and black pudding pie was fantastic yesterday.
I very rarely buy food at football but a combo of factors saw us in the stadium very early yesterday and not having eaten had a steak and BP pie and I concur. Easily the best stadium food I've ever tasted in the UK. Granted I don't do it often but that pie yesterday wouldn't have been out of place on a country pub lunch menu. Top notch.

7 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

This - yesterday was poor until Aberdeen lost their heads. There's a still a lot of work/refinement needed before I start to feel optimistic. 

That said, I do really like Brophy. He'll clearly never be prolific, but I thought he was great yesterday.

We defend as a team and attack as a team, its not been pretty as times but we are now on a decent wee run. Brophy has looked really isolated at times but you have got to admire his work rate and he isn't afraid to shoot. Looks better without a striker partner, unfortunately for Main (hard not to like him).

Luckily we kept McGrath. He has really stepped up this season. Without him I'd be really concerned about the creativity in the team.

Tanser's left foot is the best we have had since Carey. Not seen much of the shite bag side of him tbh.

5 hours ago, GAD said:

I actually thought we were ok up till we scored, and we were already playing much better in the second half before the red card.

I honestly don't think we are playing anywhere nearly as badly as some fans are desperate to make out. We are unbeaten in the last 4, and we played St Johnstone, Hibs, Dundee United and Aberdeen in that 4. 6 points is a good return from that, and I could have easily been more.

Aye its not a bad wee run. Could have had more points if 2 goals had stood. 

We haven't hit the heights yet, or at least I'd hope there is more to come from the team.

Hibs away was probably our best over all performance barring 20 minutes after half time. 

Still think we could be ripping it up and looking for a couple of wingers in January. Too early to judge, it's a new league for him and he won't hit full fitness till what November? but I'm hoping there is more to come from Millar also.

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Yflab said:
If only you had a mirror in your house. emoji23.png 

You really know how to murder a bit of humour eh

Spotted you wearing your latest strip.

Away back down to the seaside leagues ya muppet.

B30E4EE5-49C4-4F8A-8289-F5CD80733807.thumb.jpeg.b0a7b14656ca2477ebac7c63c3684d2a.jpeg

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 hours ago, Mordecai said:
Football is fine and all, but that steak and black pudding pie was fantastic yesterday.

I very rarely buy food at football but a combo of factors saw us in the stadium very early yesterday and not having eaten had a steak and BP pie and I concur. Easily the best stadium food I've ever tasted in the UK. Granted I don't do it often but that pie yesterday wouldn't have been out of place on a country pub lunch menu. Top notch.

Agreed. Pies were top notch. I did burn my tongue on the bovril but i suppose thats my own fault.

My pie eating at games seems to be directly tied to my drinking before games. When I was a lush, I'd get well tanned and by half time I was starving.

Nowadays, I go sober to games (not necessarily recommended practice for St Mirren fans) and as such I've not had a pie since.

According to this pic on their twitter, they do a Mr. Singh's Chicken Curry pie...can't wait to ty that!
E_bIO7hXIAEQCXp?format=jpg&name=large
Yes they had them on Sunday too. Big change to see 7 or 8 at least hot food offerings. I will need to show discipline not to lapse back into my old pie eating fix after 30 years of having it under control [emoji3]

Agreed - I went for a standard steak and gravy alongside the steak and black pudding (purely for research purposes, not because I’m greedy), and while the traditional pie was fine, the steak and black pudding one was excellent.

7 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Poor options for those of us who don't like eating dead animal scrotums and brains.

Steak pie is the real deal. You should phone them up ask any chance of vegie options think they will listen its a growing market. I worked in a vagan sheese factory out of interest. Trust me a natural mature cheddar is what it says on the tin natural. Its also more healthier than the vegan option especially when it comes to fat.