The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

14 minutes ago, btb said:

A remarkable thing to see Tottenham and Man U, with their £500m+ debts, reach the final shortlist to be named the best financially run club in the UK.

English football is in a really weird place.

20 hours ago, Lola montez said:

Really good article on Skysports.com on Fergies Furies, can’t seem to copy the link for everyone 

This one?

https://www.skysports.com/football/story-telling/11095/12037286/sir-alex-ferguson-at-st-mirren-the-story-of-fergies-furies

Not read it, so can't tell you. f**k Sky for all sorts of reasons.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

A remarkable thing to see Tottenham and Man U, with their £500m+ debts, reach the final shortlist to be named the best financially run club in the UK.

English football is in a really weird place.

Spurs's debt is basically a mortgage and the deal they got to spin White Hart Lane round and rebuild was incredibly cheap compared to any other kind of new stadium deal. Their financial plans to clear that debt doesn't take into account player sales or European football either. They'll clear that debt within the devade unless they get relegated.

23 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

We climbed a place in the league today without playing...

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Results went for us this weekend, and more importantly our own result. 

Big game at Livi coming up. With Well v Hearts, The old firm playing Aberdeen and Hibs, 3 points could help build a wee bit of a gap from the bottom teams. 

County seem on the cusp of getting a win, not so sure about Dundee travelling to Perth. 

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Big game at Livi coming up. With Well v Hearts, The old firm playing Aberdeen and Hibs, 3 points could help build a wee bit of a gap from the bottom teams.

We have been getting progressively better, albeit slowly, however we were honking for that first half. It's pleasing to see us rattle in 3, but we were helped massively by the red card.

It would be nice to see us gain momentum by taking points from both Livi and County, and I don't think that's beyond us.

8 hours ago, Ric said:

We have been getting progressively better, albeit slowly, however we were honking for that first half. It's pleasing to see us rattle in 3, but we were helped massively by the red card.

It would be nice to see us gain momentum by taking points from both Livi and County, and I don't think that's beyond us.

We were all over the place in the first half and not in a good way. We had a similar spell last week at Hibs that cost us 2 goals as well.

Aberdeen looked really good but whether or not that was down to us being poor can be debated. 

They shot themselves in the foot but to our credit we took advantage of their lack of organisation right away.

Hopefully this kicks us on now but the jury is still definitely out on Goodwins system. 

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Hopefully this kicks us on now but the jury is still definitely out on Goodwins system. 

This - yesterday was poor until Aberdeen lost their heads. There's a still a lot of work/refinement needed before I start to feel optimistic. 

That said, I do really like Brophy. He'll clearly never be prolific, but I thought he was great yesterday.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

This - yesterday was poor until Aberdeen lost their heads. There's a still a lot of work/refinement needed before I start to feel optimistic. 

That said, I do really like Brophy. He'll clearly never be prolific, but I thought he was great yesterday.

Yes , great attitude !

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Even taking his two goals yesterday out of the equation, Connor Ronan was absolutely brilliant. He's looked a real find.

One of the "experts" on Sportscene said he would be glad to get first team football , obviously unaware he had a full season of first team football with Grasshoppers last season !

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I actually thought we were ok up till we scored, and we were already playing much better in the second half before the red card.

I honestly don't think we are playing anywhere nearly as badly as some fans are desperate to make out. We are unbeaten in the last 4, and we played St Johnstone, Hibs, Dundee United and Aberdeen in that 4. 6 points is a good return from that, and I could have easily been more.