The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

7 hours ago, DumbartonBud said:

I got to the family stand  at 2.40, got in no bother. My son who is in the west arrived at the same time and missed the first 10 mins. 

I turned up at the West Stand at 2.40 and was in by 2.45. I was a bit lucky though as the queue I went into flowed through pretty smoothly. The one next to me was held up for ages by some stupid old c**t who got into the turnstile and then decided to just scream abuse at the steward who was trying to help him rather than just scan his ticket and go in. The steward had the patience of a Saint, I'd have refused the stupid old dick entry.

10 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I rocked up to the turnstile at 2.30pm and got in to the ground in seconds.

Bit baffling that folk who turned up at 2.58pm are moaning about not getting in on time. Show up earlier next time?

Well done you Shuggie. I joined the line at 2.40 and missed the first five minutes.  Point is there should be no waiting for 25min to get into the game. 

2 hours ago, GAD said:

The one next to me was held up for ages by some stupid old c**t who got into the turnstile and then decided to just scream abuse at the steward who was trying to help him rather than just scan his ticket and go in. The steward had the patience of a Saint, I'd have refused the stupid old dick entry.

Sorry about that, I'd had a couple of pints. 

So so yesterday. Not a bad point considering the centre of the park contained a 16 year old in his first start and a guy coming back from injury who hasn't played for months. Ronan looked good I thought. Miller looks like a real athlete who should do a job at wingback. Hard to believe he'd just been training by himself the past 2 months. Must be a real pro. 

The other positive I took was that it was a good demonstration of the depth of squad. Even with a few injuries we should be okay through to January. 

5 hours ago, GAD said:

I turned up at the West Stand at 2.40 and was in by 2.45. I was a bit lucky though as the queue I went into flowed through pretty smoothly. The one next to me was held up for ages by some stupid old c**t who got into the turnstile and then decided to just scream abuse at the steward who was trying to help him rather than just scan his ticket and go in. The steward had the patience of a Saint, I'd have refused the stupid old dick entry.

I'd wager that it was one of the clowns that spend their time roaring and greeting about everything connected with the club, on B & W army.

Me and my dad turned up at 2.30. I got in fine, but my dad had to switch turnstiles, as the one we went in wasn't giving the green light, after I had used it.

Edited by FTOF

I thought we only looked a threat once Flynn came on. What he needs to do to get a start is beyond me. He started to make the midfield tick and we created numerous chances in the last 10 mins.

I think a Ronan, Flynn, McGrath centre mid combo with Tanser/Miller on the flanks is our best option. Reid off the bench to freshen things up as and when required.

Thought McAllister was good when he came on too, looks fittest he's ever been.

I got to the family stand  at 2.40, got in no bother. My son who is in the west arrived at the same time and missed the first 10 mins. 
We arrived in the queue already outside the gates of the West at 2.50 and only missed 2m. The queue was massive but moving quickly. Main issue was new STs seemed to need a hand held scanner to read them. The turnstile scanner wasn't picking them up. There was a person inside each turnstile booth with a hand held scanner but they were difficult to see and were not being clear with their instructions. Why the numerous stewards outside were not actually telling those queuing what the actual process was (ie hold your card up at the wee window to be scanned by hand rather than keep thrusting them at all angles to the malfunctioning turnstile scanner) is baffling.

1 hour ago, scam75 said:

I thought we only looked a threat once Flynn came on. What he needs to do to get a start is beyond me. He started to make the midfield tick and we created numerous chances in the last 10 mins.

I think a Ronan, Flynn, McGrath centre mid combo with Tanser/Miller on the flanks is our best option. Reid off the bench to freshen things up as and when required.

Thought McAllister was good when he came on too, looks fittest he's ever been.

Power should start with McGrath and Ronan. He allows the other 2 to play

2 hours ago, scam75 said:

16 year old Reid v. 33 year old Flynn. If Gus was still the manager then we all know who would have got the nod! Was bold from Goodwin. Was thinking at HT we might see Flynn before long but, to be fair, we had improved before he finally was brought on in the 74th minute.

I guess we market ourselves as a club who give youth a chance.....  Likely too that one of the main reasons for Dylan signing his first professional deal with us was because he was told he'd get a chance in the first team.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

Sorry to repeat myself but Flynn is our best all round midfielder IMO and should always be starting when he’s fit. I can see why Flynn, McGrath and Ronan might look too attacking on paper but we’ve been incredibly fragile even with Power/Erhahon/McCarthy in there so I think it’s worth a go to try and create more.

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

The first thing I thought when Kyle came on yesterday was that he'd lost weight. The leanest he's ever been I think.

I thought he looked good but if United had scored following his short pass to young Reid the long knives would have been out for him.