The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

On 06/09/2021 at 22:37, Jama said:

Is that you just noticed?

There straight on social media after work most nights crying about something or another its embarassing 2bh 🤣🤣

I'm not getting why there are a group of fans so angry with the club just now. How can relatively minor issues like ticketing arrangements, the club shop, the kit and "communication" generate so much bile? The lies and conspiracy theories surrounding Kibble are what really take the biscuit though. There are a few people who really need to step away from the keyboard for a bit. 

13 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

I'm not getting why there are a group of fans so angry with the club just now. How can relatively minor issues like ticketing arrangements, the club shop, the kit and "communication" generate so much bile? The lies and conspiracy theories surrounding Kibble are what really take the biscuit though. There are a few people who really need to step away from the keyboard for a bit. 

I might be guessing here, but I think folk are pissed with the club because of the ballot ticketing arrangements, the ST cards only arriving yesterday, the club shop, the double-ironed logo shirts, the usual delay in getting them out, the usual poor communication, the 1039 utter bollocks, the entire main stand red zone, the shite about unserviced generators and safety lighting, the lack of catering, the lack of away fans while others had them, the Kibble seemingly getting into every nook & cranny, the car park shite at the Fakes game… probably missed a few besides. Oh aye, the Kibble veto? The pumping at Sellik, the hoofball from Dunne to fcuk-knows who, the lack of goals, league wins, threat or decent fitba’ being played…

Doesn’t excuse online bile, but the club are hardly covering themselves in glory in any area whatsoever.

Edited by pozbaird

I hadn't got my season ticket through the post, so I composed a seething tweet with liberal use of the word "shambles", demanding a full statement from Kibble, SMISA and the club and a personal apology from John Needham taking the form of a full page spread in the PDE, but it turned out the postman was just a bit late and it arrived after all. Bit embarrassing to be honest.

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

I hadn't got my season ticket through the post, so I composed a seething tweet with liberal use of the word "shambles", demanding a full statement from Kibble, SMISA and the club and a personal apology from John Needham taking the form of a full page spread in the PDE, but it turned out the postman was just a bit late and it arrived after all. Bit embarrassing to be honest.

I complained about Erhahon’s haircut. Never received a reply. Usual poor communication.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I might be guessing here, but I think folk are pissed with the club because of the ballot ticketing arrangements, the ST cards only arriving yesterday, the club shop, the double-ironed logo shirts, the usual delay in getting them out, the usual poor communication, the 1039 utter bollocks, the entire main stand red zone, the shite about unserviced generators and safety lighting, the lack of catering, the lack of away fans while others had them, the Kibble seemingly getting into every nook & cranny, the car park shite at the Fakes game… probably missed a few besides. Oh aye, the Kibble veto?

Ooft, when you lay it out like that. No pies, dodgy logos, a nightmare parking the motor, not to mention the poor Jambos stuck in Gorgie....

And to think that there's Afghans moaning just because the Taliban have taken over their country.

2 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Ooft, when you lay it out like that. No pies, dodgy logos, a nightmare parking the motor, not to mention the poor Jambos stuck in Gorgie....

And to think that there's Afghans moaning just because the Taliban have taken over their country.

While a community club get rid of their community workers replaced with Kibble staff.  I'm happy for the club to sort out the transitional period getting back to some sort of normality.  But you can't get away from the fact it's a shambles should never have happend. 

On 09/09/2021 at 20:20, Buttocks Brown said:

Ah yes, I've been waiting for the old 'what the f**k are you moaning about, there are starving children in Africa' argument.

I'd like the club to be run in a professional manner. The club have been forthcoming in just the last week to admit that there have been failings in multiple areas so I think people publicly expressing these concerns have been somewhat vindicated. Other fans, myself included, are watching a club like Motherwell absolutely nail it just now and asking why that is the case, we are in more or less the same situation as they are.

All the issues in isolation are small beer and pretty non-eventful but when you step back and look at everything as a whole it doesn't paint a very professional picture or frame a club that is being well run presently.

The only large issue for me is the 1039 supporters debacle where still, no-one is willing to admit the whole thing was done in a half arsed manner and with a bit of simple planning and foresight, no season ticket holder had to miss the first league game of the season. 

Edited by djchapsticks

For the record, I have no public opinion on the Kibble situation and am very much still in the 'let's wait and see' camp. I am desperate for it to be a success as I voted in favour of it happening. 

I dislike the attitude taken by the new chairman through the week though that as the new GM is from Kibble, we are getting her services for free and that makes it a good deal.

It's a good deal if she has credentials to be a successful GM of a football club, it's not a good deal automatically because we aren't paying and that attitude does genuinely concern me.

57 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I think people publicly expressing these concerns have been somewhat vindicated.

Let's be honest here and say that "publicly expressing concerns" doesn't quite do justice to what's been thrown at the club and its staff, day after day, for the past couple of months.

Vindication? I would say that embarrassment and shame would be more appropriate emotions for some of these "concerned" fans. Let's just hope that we can get going in the league so that the grumpies can move on from 1039 and cheer up a wee bit.

25 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Let's be honest here and say that "publicly expressing concerns" doesn't quite do justice to what's been thrown at the club and its staff, day after day, for the past couple of months.

Vindication? I would say that embarrassment and shame would be more appropriate emotions for some of these "concerned" fans. Let's just hope that we can get going in the league so that the grumpies can move on from 1039 and cheer up a wee bit.

Exactly,  much ado about f all. 

Living up to our reputation seems to be the easy option. 

34 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Quite looking forward to talking about football again tbqhwy.

Until we read the line up and see its a back 5 with 2 defenders in midfield 😁.

A win today would call folk down a bit, hate to think what the mood will be if we lose. 

11 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Indeed.

The phrase "very empty lives" springs to mind.

45 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Power , Kilti, Dunne, Erhahon all out. 

Dunne put is interesting. You'd imagine that will prevent any McCarthy in midfield insanity.

Fraser, Shaughnessy and McCarthy at CB, Millar and Tanser at WB seems nailed on.

In front of that... f**k knows. I'm hoping Flynn gets a game alongside Ronan, with McGrath in front, but it's really anyone's guess.