The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 hours ago, billyg said:

I agree , things don't seem to be running smoothly behind the scenes , but I'm sure it'll all be sorted out soon. The bad mouthing just seems similar to some of the rubbish talked about Smisa on the forums after the fan ownership bid got the go ahead. 

It might be as simple as trying to do too much too quickly and bad timing. I was talking to the boys who are renovating the house next door to mine just there and they are way behind schedule right now because they can't get materials, especially wood, easily, and the stuff they can get is costing double the usual, so I can't imagine all the work they've been trying to do at Ralston and at the stadium has been unaffected by that.

Truth is, if we were sitting here with 8 points on the table and in the next round of the cup nobody would care about the stewards and the pie stalls.

19 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

No need for "jinkies" whatever the f**k that means.

Jinkies, and I'm genuinely surprised you don't know this, was said by Velma (Scooby Doo) when she is surprised by something.

Jinkies is the entirely correct response to a team losing 6 nil, with one of our ex players scoring 4 of them, when that team had done alright against a similar level opponent in the previous round.

As for the "none of the players" comment, not really correct.

So, being based down south I'm genuinely out the know on anything St Mirren based that'snot on here.  Are there any free agents that we're looking at or is this the squad we're going to storm the top half of the table with?

Right now, I'd take tenth and safety.  Some really worrying results so far, lack of dig and no wins.  If United roll us over, i can see morale taking a further tumble.  I guess the international break will have allowed our new additions over the close season to have seen the way that JG wants to shape the team and we could kick on...

Far from a knickerwetter, but the winning mentality from last season seems a distant memory. 

On 04/09/2021 at 11:27, GAD said:

I don't really have a problem with switching contracts to any company tbh, it's common, and the big company I work for do it all the time, both to start ups and established companies growing into new areas. It's also not as if the stewarding, or ticketing for example was good before, people were always complaining about both, home and away fans. I'm pretty sure the old ticketing system didn't even work on an iPhone! Even the catering in hospitality was pretty dreadful last time I was there, compensated for of course by the amount of booze they pour down your neck instead. For me, all this stuff did need changed.

My big issue is that they clearly didn't think fans would be back this quickly and weren't ready for it. I'm positive that was the real reason for the 1000 fan limit early doors, and losing the season ticket holders data, whoever's fault it was, was complete amateur hour stuff that would have cost the club renewals.

I don't think the issue is with the switching of contracts, it would be negligent not to re-tender every few years at least. I think the issue is with the manner in which this twitter account has alleged the club/Kibble have done so. It reads to me that these contracts (catering & stewarding) have been awarded and then are to be sub-contracted which is probably not a bad model for the club to pass on the management of the service but not if these are given to line the pockets of mates of Kibble chiefs. Why Renderworks would be awarded the refurbishment works and catering services contracts is beyond me, if that is the case. I had thought the catering within the stands was a lease agreement for the kiosks with a contractor to go about their business rather than a service agreement. 

This Gillespie chap setting up a company soon after becoming vice-Chairman is certainly not a good look. In any case, there is plenty SMiSA representation on the board to ensure all is carried out in the best interests of the club. 

16 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

So, being based down south I'm genuinely out the know on anything St Mirren based that'snot on here.  Are there any free agents that we're looking at or is this the squad we're going to storm the top half of the table with?

Right now, I'd take tenth and safety.  Some really worrying results so far, lack of dig and no wins.  If United roll us over, i can see morale taking a further tumble.  I guess the international break will have allowed our new additions over the close season to have seen the way that JG wants to shape the team and we could kick on...

Far from a knickerwetter, but the winning mentality from last season seems a distant memory. 

They are definitely still in the market. I'd be surprised if we don't have a new face in the squad this week.

Afternoon Buddies.

You might be interested to know that Lewis Jamieson got his first start for us at the weekend and scored with a header, set up another goal and looked pretty decent up front alongside Billy Mckay. Lots of nice link up play around the box and he was unlucky not to get a second when a goal bound shot was headed onto the bar.

Word of warning, your least favourite ICT player is on co comms...

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Afternoon Buddies.

You might be interested to know that Lewis Jamieson got his first start for us at the weekend and scored with a header, set up another goal and looked pretty decent up front alongside Billy Mckay. Lots of nice link up play around the box and he was unlucky not to get a second when a goal bound shot was headed onto the bar.

Word of warning, your least favourite ICT player is on co comms...

Lewis is definitely one of very few young strikers to have come through our academy. He always impressed playing for the under 20’s, this loan move can definitely help his progress towards the first team squad. Great to see him amongst the goals and an assist.