The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

The next 2 in the league should be moved to the Sunday as we’ve got Celtic then St Johnstone.
According to Fotmob Septic game is next Wednesday so if that's correct, the Darkheid game should still be Saturday (not that I will be giving that vile arse cheek a penny)

Looked like I was going to have to miss the St Johnstone game but moving it to the Sunday means I might be able to go after all. Happy days.

I notice the official site listing a midweek Motherwell game in late October as being live on Sky. Wasn't aware of that one - is that a mistake?

According to Fotmob Septic game is next Wednesday so if that's correct, the Darkheid game should still be Saturday (not that I will be giving that vile arse cheek a penny)

Yeah, I had just assumed that it was the Thursday as it was Europa league but it appears it is the Saturday. I don’t think they are letting in away fans in any case at the moment.

New Saints covid-19 reduced capacity correspondence issued by Saints which I imagine will go down as well as the last ones. The main stand will open for St Johnstone game however the statement doesn’t include to what extent it will be open as there will still be a red zone in operation albeit reduced in size.

Yeah, I had just assumed that it was the Thursday as it was Europa league but it appears it is the Saturday. I don’t think they are letting in away fans in any case at the moment.

New Saints covid-19 reduced capacity correspondence issued by Saints which I imagine will go down as well as the last ones. The main stand will open for St Johnstone game however the statement doesn’t include to what extent it will be open as there will still be a red zone in operation albeit reduced in size.
That statement...only could accommodate 1039 fans due to an issue with a back up generator affecting emergency lighting.....for a 3pm ko in mid summer. WTAF. Oh and still no answer to the capacity question, the ST situation or whether all main stand ST holders can access their own seats. Baffling !!!

17 hours ago, Stu said:

I notice the official site listing a midweek Motherwell game in late October as being live on Sky. Wasn't aware of that one - is that a mistake?

It must be, Sky don't choose any of our away games.

Serious question, can anyone remember the last time Sky showed one of our away games?

17 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
18 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

That statement...only could accommodate 1039 fans due to an issue with a back up generator affecting emergency lighting.....for a 3pm ko in mid summer. WTAF. Oh and still no answer to the capacity question, the ST situation or whether all main stand ST holders can access their own seats. Baffling !!!

If a backup generator hadn’t been serviced for many years, then what difference would it have made to wait a few more weeks until we reached this ‘Livvy-Celtic’ window with no home game anyway before getting an engineer in? If it is a safety issue, then the club, by their own admission then, have been negligent in safety issues concerning this for many years. Backup lighting being in part responsible for a risible figure of 1039 fans when 2000 was the approved baseline, and you could ask for more? Do us a favour.

The more statements the St Mirren board make, the more I think they are an absolute shower.

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, djchapsticks said:

He can ram that 3-5-2 so far up his fucking arse. Doesn't work, never has save for one game at Parkhead.

End it now.

To be fair, it's worked a few times more, but it's clearly not working now.

I have a feeling Goodwin will be stuck in the middle, on one hand determined to get this formation to work with the players we have, and on the other realising losing games isn't going to help morale in terms of getting any formation to work. I can see us being neither fish nor fowl and repeatedly lumping long balls in the hope of a Main knockdown.

Not seen much so far other than the Dundee game, have we just been on the wrong end of a coupla close results - a one goal defeat against Hearts & pens against Livi are not necessarily a reason to panic but then again narrow cup defeats and that late goal we lost to Hamilton to miss out on a Top6 spot took a lot of the gloss away from last season so we really need to stop these nearlies becoming routine before it becomes another backs to the wall season.  

Last season he changed the formation a fair bit. Looked as if it was tactically depending on the opposition. Now sticking to a system that if it doesn't work he isn't really changing the shape to try get it back. I thought the reason he wanted versatile players was to allow this to change, but not seen it really yet.

I have to ask the point in Kiltie though. Seems a ghost on the pitch.