The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I personally think the real reason only 1000 people are getting in on Saturday is because of the season ticket problems and the fact they don't have the cards out yet. Everyone turning up trying to get in using phones, or printed bits of paper will be a disaster. Getting through Saturday gives them till the 28th August to sort it out.

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

I thought that would be what you quoted. DJChapsticks questioned the SLO in that very tweet, here are the replies...

"To be fair, they haven't guaranteed that will happen"

So, no, the SLO has NOT confirmed that the bigots will have the South Stand.

SLO has confirmed on twitter old firm will get the away end plus family stand this season. 
Good to know whilst effectively blocking the majority of ST holders from attending the 1st home game in well over a year, the club are focusing on how to shoe horn in as many OF scum as possible even if that is displacing the exact same fans they are not allowing to attend this week despite paying for the privilege.

You really couldn't make this shit show up. It's akin to the band continuing to play on the Titanic. Absolutely fucking disgraceful.

I thought that would be what you quoted. DJChapsticks questioned the SLO in that very tweet, here are the replies...

The mere fact they discussing it while not looking for a solution to the current disaster is an absolute fucking scandal.

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wait and see I will even do a £20 bet with you that it happens. 

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Wait and see I will even do a £20 bet with you that it happens. 

You will almost certainly be right in that the bigots will get the South Stand.

What you were not right about was the SLO confirming that would be the case.

All he confirmed is that South Stand STHs would have to be accommodated elsewhere in the stadium as their STs didn't cover those games.

However, I also replied to his tweet...

Edited by Arch Stanton

56 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

SLO has confirmed on twitter old firm will get the away end plus family stand this season. 

This has been the case since the 18/19 season. Displaced family stand season ticket holders were previously offered a discounted ticket in the West or Main Stand. Presume it'll be the same again.

4 hours ago, tam the bud said:

Fitzpatrick wouldn't have got anywhere near being CEO if it wasn't for his pal Gordon Scott giving him the job.

Nice guy and all that, but he just doesn't have the ability that Brian Caldwell had in doing the job. 

Except it was Stewart Gilmour that appointed him !!

I notice you have already corrected yourself 👍

Edited by weebud

8 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Didn't see the game. Is he doing alright then?

Got Man of the Match tonight, really really impressed, before tonight had only played off the bench at Motherwell (where he impressed) and away against the Andorran farmers on the worst quality stream I’ve ever seen so f**k knows how he played that night.

But he looks a proper player, some really good touches, a real real upgrade on Gogic, a bit of McGeouch about him but a better tackler and more direct, hardly put a foot wrong tonight and drove us forward, a lot of nice touches, fully expect him to be playing every week this season based on what I’ve seen so far.

Kyle Magennis is also starting to look like there’s a real player there too which is nice to see, he was good tonight aswell.

3 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Got Man of the Match tonight, really really impressed, before tonight had only played off the bench at Motherwell (where he impressed) and away against the Andorran farmers on the worst quality stream I’ve ever seen so f**k knows how he played that night.

But he looks a proper player, some really good touches, a real real upgrade on Gogic, a bit of McGeouch about him but a better tackler and more direct, hardly put a foot wrong tonight and drove us forward, a lot of nice touches, fully expect him to be playing every week this season based on what I’ve seen so far.

Kyle Magennis is also starting to look like there’s a real player there too which is nice to see, he was good tonight aswell.

That's a fairly depressing read, but fair enough. Wasn't that fussed when he left, but perhaps he'd mentally checked out a while before the season ended.

To be fair, I'm currently working my notice at my place and it's fairly blissful, giving this little of a shite about work for a change. No wonder we weren't getting much out of JDH.

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

Best he moved on. Really didnt look the player who came in at first. Clearly has a problem when seeing out a contract. 

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

The strip and the inderstadia carry on are two things I'm quite willing to give the club some benefit of the doubt with.

Both shafted us at a very, very late hour and left us completely scrambling but the tone was set when the season ticket information trundled into 3 or 4 weeks overdue without a peep despite a lot of outcry online. At that point the club should have told supporters that there was an issue and it was getting fixed but instead they waited til the last fart.

The strip situation is a shambles and the club can't be free from blame. How do you go into it with only a verbal agreement and then start the process of getting strips made? It's quite embarrassing really.

We should have been going into this season on a high, having a decent league placing last season and 2 cup semi finals. Instead we've made an arse of absolutely everything and pissed off the majority of our season ticket holders.