The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I haven't seen an SMFC specific plan showing our red zone but there was definitely statements back last season when we restarted about the full stand being in the highest restricted area and not available to any non authorised personnel. Clearly other clubs are not being as cautious. Part of the problem is current restrictions mean the likes of stewards are not even permitted in the red zone to stop folk potentially moving from what could be a less restricted zone into red zone areas. Something that is very easy to do in our stadium. Pointless moaning now probably (2xSTs and not sniffed a ticket in ballots) given Saturday should be the end of it for ST holders at least but I do wonder if Main Stand ST holders will actually be in that stand come the Fakes game in 28th.

ETA wonder if corporate will be back too on 28th ???

This makes it nigh on untenable for SMFC and Renfrewshire Council to maintain the stalemate and not to knock their heads together and open the full stadium back up to supporters if 51,000 is going to be allowed without any jumping through hoops just 5 miles to the east of our ground.

Edited by djchapsticks

3 hours ago, NorthBank said:
3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:
Peterborough, Sunderland  or the likes 

Sheffield Utd and Watford are 2 teams that have allegedly made enquiries. Both of whom would blow Aberdeen out of the water on wages.

Absolutely.

And easily cough up the fee, whatever that is. 

… but… they don’t have Matty Kennedy to offer 😆

Edited by Thenorthernlight

The main stand cannot be used as it's our designated "red zone" as required within the current restrictions. The decision as to what constitutes the red zone is 100% the decision of SMFC. The "training equipment " line is a total red herring.
What's a red zone? Motherwell had fans (of both teams) spread around all 4 stands on Sunday.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Anything yet on what the long standing infrastructure problems are, that partly at least, seem to mean we can only have 1039 fans in? I mean, even if anyone thinks the rest of Mr Needham’s statement made sense (I personally don’t, and sense a Karen Dunbar ‘I smell shite’ scenario), then honest to fcuk, on this one ‘infrastucture’ issue alone, have the balls to outline exactly what these infrastructure problems are. Then having done that, tell us why they haven’t been addressed before now, and tell us exactly why they impact on us as fans getting into the stadium to once more see a game after a difficult eighteen months in our lives. Why Tony is only looking into it.

It's genuinely mental that they're sticking by it. We're getting up to 3.6k even with the main stand closed and there's not much of a difference in capacity at both stadiums. 

8 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

One goes out , one goes in so welcome . Not heard that one my own thoughts are it would also take cash .  The Scott romour was a belter as it had our support believing it to be true. 

speak for yersell my friend, no way was a 1 million rated player going for zilch, now a straight swap for Jim Gardiner, I might believe. :)

9 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
10 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
The main stand cannot be used as it's our designated "red zone" as required within the current restrictions. The decision as to what constitutes the red zone is 100% the decision of SMFC. The "training equipment " line is a total red herring.

What's a red zone? Motherwell had fans (of both teams) spread around all 4 stands on Sunday.

scottish-fa-return-to-playing-brochure.pdf (scottishfa.co.uk)

image.png.b5256637cec74ed3bf111d293b854e31.png

It looks like the size of this varies between stadia, given the presence of fans in specific areas in grounds.

Another issue we have is that we're currently using the stadium for training, as our training complex is undergoing a refurbishment. Apparently, the training apparatus is being stored in the concourses under the stands, which doesn't help matters. I'm presuming that it's not apparatus that you can just shift into a cupboard.

Depending on your outlook you could see the situation as a "perfect storm" of circumstances, not helped by our local council's draconian stance on fan numbers, or you could lie the blame solely at the club. IMO it's a combination of the two.

However, for our home game against the Fakes, there would seem absolutely no reason, for all of our other stands to be fully populated, even if the Main stand is still out of use. Although that then brings up the problem of seating main stand season ticket holders elsewhere. Given the issues we've had so far, that has the potential for another seating disaster.

I suppose another factor would be if there is still a requirement for a "red zone" after the 9th. If there isn't, then that , and a logical plan to store the training apparatus elsewhere, might actually open the entire ground up for use. Maybe the training ground refurbishment will be finished by then and that particular issue will no longer be a factor.

We've got until the 28th to sort it. I hope we do, but I'm not convinced we will.

Edited by FTOF

Theoretically the 5000 number and removal of social distancing should mean at the very least we should have the West, North and South stands up and running to full capacity shouldn't it?

What an absolute shit show for main stand season ticket holders. They should never have sold season tickets for the main stand if this was going to be the approach to the 'red zone'. 

I have no truck with the council at all here, the board have absolutely fucked it. 

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Another issue we have is that we're currently using the stadium for training, as our training complex is undergoing a refurbishment. Apparently, the training apparatus is being stored in the concourses under the stands, which doesn't help matters. I'm presuming that it's not apparatus that you can just shift into a cupboard.

We've got four massive bags of sand that we use in training to replicate Dundee United's defence. They weigh a fucking tonne.

11 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Theoretically the 5000 number and removal of social distancing should mean at the very least we should have the West, North and South stands up and running to full capacity shouldn't it?

What an absolute shit show for main stand season ticket holders. They should never have sold season tickets for the main stand if this was going to be the approach to the 'red zone'. 

I have no truck with the council at all here, the board have absolutely fucked it. 

I'm a main stand season ticket holder and there's no way I'd have bought a season ticket elsewhere in the ground.

As it is, I got a ticket for the Partick game, but not for the Dunfermline game, and I can't go on Saturday. So I've effectively missed one game in my seat.

If it's not sorted by the 28th, then the situation might bother me. Meantime, It's no real imposition on me to pay for my seat in the main stand . I fully understand that others might not feel the same, but as I've said elsewhere, it's only a game of football, and in any case I can watch it on SMTV, if I don't get into the ground. Not ideal, but not the end of the world.

Completely shooting themselves in the foot to voluntarily shutdown the hospitality suit as well. I’m sure it would provide a good source of income as we are allowed back in to the ground. I’m almost certain Hearts had fans in their hospitality at the weekend so there can’t be restrictions around it.

We are where we are in regard to the Hearts game. The next home league game against St Johnstone should, at the very, very LEAST, see every season ticket holder able to enter the ground to watch this game. No ballot. None.

If St Mirren cannot accomodate approximately 2,800 people in that stadium by Aug 28th, then, without doubt, there’s a serious issue within that fan-owned boardroom.

The ballot has been disastrous anyone who has worked on Excel spreadsheets will know how easy it would have been to have a fair system. Main-stand had better be opened by August the 28th. A lot of fans there pay a premium price for certain seats. No doubt the club is losing money due to the main stand being closed hospitality and the bar not what the club would want. Poor ballot and poor communication has been a let down. 

Can anyone tell me how many digit numbers are in the season ticket for logging into SMTV.  Cheers. 

Would presume it’s same login as last season, SMTV hasn’t changed only the ticket provider/management system. Season tickets last season were 12(?) digits long.

24 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Can anyone tell me how many digit numbers are in the season ticket for logging into SMTV.  Cheers. 

10 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Would presume it’s same login as last season, SMTV hasn’t changed only the ticket provider/management system. Season tickets last season were 12(?) digits long.

Perhaps not - i am getting not recognised credentials when entering the previously saved details. 

Edit: I'm sure they'll include details on how to reactive or what needs to be done to watch the game in the usual match preview. 

Edited by buddie06smfc

Perhaps not - i am getting not recognised credentials when entering the previously saved details. 
Edit: I'm sure they'll include details on how to reactive or what needs to be done to watch the game in the usual match preview. 
From the 29th of July on the official site/twitter.

https://www.stmirren.com/fans-news/4054-st-mirren-tv-new-season

Can't get my head around how some folk have been successful in the ballot for the third time whilst others have yet to attend a game having entered all 3 ballots.

I suspect there will be a growing number of fans becoming increasingly despondent with it all. It really is amateur. Very poor show.

1 minute ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Can't get my head around how some folk have been successful in the ballot for the third time whilst others have yet to attend a game having entered all 3 ballots.

Got no dog in this fight, I don't have a ST and I'll only really start going back to games when there is enough capacity to rock up and buy a ticket on the day.

However, if each ballot is held independently (ie: not weighting in those who got tickets before) then it's statistically within range for some people to be successful each time and others not.

I've got nothing to say about the actual allocation, or whether the club has done well or not here.