The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I thought it was only Rangers and Celtic B teams allowed in the league. 

Looks like we have our very own B Team in Paisley. Should make for a great occasion when we play. If you can hear above the booing by Well fans…

PS. I rated James Scott and was gutted when he left. Surprised we are not looking at taking him back. Then again we cannot compete of the inflated wages the Midden are throwing about…

Just now, welldaft said:

I thought it was only Rangers and Celtic B teams allowed in the league. 

Looks like we have our very own B Team in Paisley. Should make for a great occasion when we play. If you can hear above the booing by Well fans…

PS. I rated James Scott and was gutted when he left. Surprised we are not looking at taking him back. Then again we cannot compete of the inflated wages the Midden are throwing about…

We sign ex Motherwell players,  Hibs sign ex St. Mirren players.

Motherwell need to adopt a Hibees only policy to complete the cycle.

Regarding the ex Motherwell players situation, call it what you will but its about time we got a bit of a return from Motherwell. 

Down the years you've had Paul Lambert, Brian Martin, Michael Higdon, John Sutton, Billy Davies off us.

In return we've had utter dugshite like Stuart Carswell, Greg Denham, Jim Gardener, Andy Roddie.

The only decent one I actually remember before Tait was Ian Ross so it's about time we got a few ex-Well bodies who can do us a turn.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Regarding the ex Motherwell players situation, call it what you will but its about time we got a bit of a return from Motherwell. 

Down the years you've had Paul Lambert, Brian Martin, Michael Higdon, John Sutton, Billy Davies off us.

In return we've had utter dugshite like Stuart Carswell, Greg Denham, Jim Gardener, Andy Roddie.

The only decent one I actually remember before Tait was Ian Ross so it's about time we got a few ex-Well bodies who can do us a turn.

I draw the line at Billy Davies but that apart you have a fair point. 

Again I think it would be a very decent signing and would not be against us taking him back. Wonder how the salary things would work. He must be on around £5k per week and he presumably has time left on his contract. So again I assume Hull must be giving him a pay off otherwise why would u walk away from a lucrative contract other than on loan 🤷‍♂️

Difference is Hibs take players you don't want to lose and you take players we're indifferent about.

Crazy money if true. Seems covid has started a wee gold rush in Scottish football similar to Setanta's promised money. While James left us a good prospect with all the tools to make a decent impact in the game, he was very rough round the edges and a loan back would have been in Hull's interest. As it seems he's going on a free then in ours too. Going for £1.5m and returning to a commensurate club in the same league after 18 months can only be a tail between legs scenario. I've got a lot of time for him so I hope he doesn't become another big daft striker like Erwin.

It seems we've paid transfers for Slattery, Kelly and Ojala. It appears we've now gone down the no more freebie dross route. If it pays off ideal.

Edited by Kapowzer

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Paul Kinnaird 

9 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Difference is Hibs take players you don't want to lose and you take players we're indifferent about.

Partly true. Most of us were indifferent about Paul McGinn and Jake Doyle Hayes and we weren't at all arsed about Stevie McGinn and Jason Naismith.

Mallan, John McGinn and Magennis I'll give you.