Jump to content

The St. Mirren FC 2021/22 thread


Recommended Posts

Just now, pozbaird said:

Rangers v Real Madrid a few days ago. Main stand side of ground. Plenty Sevconians in their main stand (left side of photo where ball is).

 

EA71C579-0C65-4760-9E24-AE9D1CBCB6DF.jpeg

There are no rules for Sevco fans. Remember George Square. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Rangers v Real Madrid a few days ago. Main stand side of ground. Plenty Sevconians in their main stand (left side of photo where ball is).

 

EA71C579-0C65-4760-9E24-AE9D1CBCB6DF.jpeg

Possibly different rules for stand sizes maybe? I'd imagine Livi's stand and St Mirren's stand are of similar size and both clubs need the entire thing in order to safely distance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

This is apparently a rule for all clubs in Scotland. They're required to have the main stand clear of fans to allow players to safely socially distance and to allow the club a safe space in which they can carry out activities related to the club while minimalising the risk of COVID. St Mirren will have had zero say in the matter, neither have we or any other club.

We had fans in the O'Donnell stand on Saturday.

Also our subs were back to being on the bench.

2112345128_ScreenShot2021-07-28at15_24_07.png.12bcc1f6e82ef141fdd904df4b5c118e.png

E7ETmDuWQBEdvuI?format=jpg&name=large

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sat in the Main Stand at McDiarmid on Saturday, plus we've got supporters in there for the Motherwell game in a couple of weeks. I'd imagine it's to do with safe distances between players and supporters/press , being able to provide seperate access points for each team, supporters etc. rather than a blanket ban on supporters in the stand? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see we are no further forward as to why our main stand is off limits .

Anyway historical week for the club and fans. Feel as if it's all been a bit soured with everything that's going on. In normal circumstances a much bigger deal with have been made of the achievement.

Let's hope we top it off with a win in Dundee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I see we are no further forward as to why our main stand is off limits emoji23.png.

Anyway historical week for the club and fans. Feel as if it's all been a bit soured with everything that's going on. In normal circumstances a much bigger deal with have been made of the achievement.

Let's hope we top it off with a win in Dundee.
 

Very much looking forward to some meaningful football breaking out, tbh. The lack of shite transfer rumours (Middleton being about all we've had), combined with the crowds debacle, has made the summer drag somewhat so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

can someone confirm it is renfrewshire council that make any crowd decisions?

Quote

 

I can confirm that Renfrewshire Council has been in constant dialogue with St Mirren FC and partners as part of the Stadium Advisory Group (SAG) – this group is Chaired by Assistant Building Standards Manager and is also attended by Environmental Health – Business Regulation Manager.

St Mirren’s first spectator match was on the 13 July 2021, they were observing 2m social distancing and had an occupant capacity of 500 persons. A renfrewshire council official attended the match and observed their access/egress and general spectator arrangements which were satisfactory. Only three stands were in use (North, West and South) with the Main Stand declared as the Red zone for the team and press. No away fans were present.

They have an occupant capacity of 1039 for 1m social distancing and have currently moved to this model.

Like many others, we await the announcement from the First Minister next week with regards to further easing of restrictions from the indicative date of 9 August 2021 and this will likely lead to further discussions and a meeting of the SAG to discuss future capacities.

 

scottish-fa-return-to-playing-brochure.pdf (scottishfa.co.uk)

The rules and regulations for clubs are made quite clear in the link to the document above. Every club has to have a designated red zone.

It would seem that some clubs are stretching the rules.

image.png.669de3d1adaaf19a9214bd713fb73d55.png

image.png.99146f3a066b127adc6bfe71d1dbefb9.png

image.png.07094ee363e0e46a72cd1074683e2aea.png

Interesting to note the following from the Dundee thread.

Quote

The Derry and the Main Stand won’t open under any restrictions. The Derry because the toilets are the same route in and out, the Main Stand because of a lack of a concourse. 

 

 

Edited by FTOF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fairly sure Hearts have to have a lesser crowd than Hibs because the "concourse" is smaller/harder to socially distance in.

We've had fans in the Main stand but only in certain sections, around the tunnel is out of bounds as players will be seated there. We've got enough entry/exit points that fans don't need to go anywhere near the players/media. No idea how many entry points St Mirren have to the Main Stand?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the week that we get majority fan ownership of the club, are seeded in the last 16 of the league cup after getting maximum points in the group stage, have the best and most stable squad and manager we've had going in to a new season, by feck we've shown we've still got a Champions League level of Grumpy b*****d support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

In the week that we get majority fan ownership of the club, are seeded in the last 16 of the league cup after getting maximum points in the group stage, have the best and most stable squad and manager we've had going in to a new season, by feck we've shown we've still got a Champions League level of Grumpy b*****d support.

List the things that a grumpy basturt’ like me or anyone else is moaning about. None of the things are the fan ownership, the League Cup campaign, the squad, the manager, or the quality of Tony Fitz’ strawberry blonde hair dye.

On an open forum, specifically the St Mirren thread of an open forum, I reckon the ticket ballot process, the season ticket renewal fcuk-ups, the 500 and 1039 crowds, the usual poor club communication, kit delays (set your pre-season watch by the annual SMFC kit launch bollocks), and maybe a few other auld’ favourites…. all perfectly fair game for discussion / disagreement / outright fcuking moaning.

Edited by pozbaird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

List the things that a grumpy basturt’ like me or anyone else is moaning about. None of the things are the fan ownership, the League Cup campaign, the squad, the manager, or the quality of Tony Fitz’ strawberry blonde hair dye.

On an open forum, specifically the St Mirren thread of an open forum, I reckon the ticket ballot process, the season ticket renewal fcuk-ups, the 500 and 1039 crowds, the usual poor club communication, kit delays (set your pre-season watch by the annual SMFC kit launch bollocks), and maybe a few other auld’ favourites…. all perfectly fair game for discussion / disagreement / outright fcuking moaning.

Now who can argue with that? - Blazing Saddles Now who can argue with that  - quickmeme

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

Well that puts the smisa romour to the garbage 🗑.  Fingers crossed for the third time. 

As I said, shit stirring by the usual clowns that try to put the club that they "support" in a bad light. You wonder why people like that bother.

Looks like a modicum of organisation has broken out regarding match attendance.

I can't make the Hearts game, so, if a ballot is required for the Fakes game, it means that I've got a better chance of attending.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, FTOF said:

As I said, shit stirring by the usual clowns that try to put the club that they "support" in a bad light. You wonder why people like that bother.

Looks like a modicum of organisation has broken out regarding match attendance.

I can't make the Hearts game, so, if a ballot is required for the Fakes game, it means that I've got a better chance of attending.

I'm desperate for a day out to the football but so are all our fans. The fact I can watch it on smtv is a comfort.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just hope the club get it right and (restrictions pending!) those who don’t get the Hearts game go to the front of the queue for the next home game. Exactly what should have happened with the cup games! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just hope the club get it right and (restrictions pending!) those who don’t get the Hearts game go to the front of the queue for the next home game. Exactly what should have happened with the cup games! 


Surely the Hearts game is going to be the last with the ballot?
We are meant to be back to ‘normal’ on the 9th of August.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, ATLIS said:

This is apparently a rule for all clubs in Scotland. They're required to have the main stand clear of fans to allow players to safely socially distance and to allow the club a safe space in which they can carry out activities related to the club while minimalising the risk of COVID. St Mirren will have had zero say in the matter, neither have we or any other club.

We are allowed to have fans in our main stand against Ayr on Monday night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...