The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 hours ago, GAD said:

I like Kennedy. I know it hasn't worked out for him at Aberdeen, but anytime I saw him playing for St Johnstone wide or central he was always one of the better players on the pitch. I'd be more up for signing him than some of the other names mentioned.

He's 26, got loads of experience playing in the league and plays a couple of positions. Got "Goodwin signing" written all over him. I would expect we wouldn't be the only team in for him though.

Middleton only has a handful of first team appearances with Rangers, and when he’s been out on loan. He’s either going to get a chance at Ibrox or he’ll be punted as it will harm his career if he’s not getting a chance to settle with a club, and get a proper run of games.

I agree that it’s more likely Jim will be going for Kennedy who he previously tried to sign on a PCA. 

Experience will definitely be what Jim is looking for, and he’s gone on record before to say that he’s always admired Kennedy as a player.

On 19/07/2021 at 23:53, pozbaird said:

Couple of questions, if anyone knows the answer, or is remotely interested, or if no-one is arsed, fair enough…

Anyone tried clicking on any of the ‘retail’ buttons on the official website? Absolutely nothing. When does Pro Pitch Retail start up?

Second one I asked a while ago. With Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs all asking tor, and getting, increased fan numbers for imminent home Euro qualifiers - my understanding is that SMFC haven’t made an approach to the authorities for increased numbers at any affected home games at the SMiSA Paisley Twenny Twenny Wan Theatre of Bad Dreams. Anyone heard anything?

No? Ach, shite, back to repeats of Bullseye on Challenge again then.

What I was told, and posted, on the 19th. Anyone from our fan-owned club going to fully and honestly explain why?

11 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I have family season tickets at Morecambe coming for dinner tonight their going to pick my ears on him. Need to get that Hearts goal online . 

12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Again, a lot of questions need to be answered in the statement.

Why can't the main stand be cleaned down the day before to allow more fans in on matchdays? Even if it is for a few hundred extra folk? I'm sure there would be 3 or 4 volunteers who could spare an hour to do this socially distanced on the Friday and again on the Sunday. Even the task of doing this is overkill given that covid is an airborne disease and the chances of it contact spreading on an outdoor surface is proven to be essentially zero....if it was an issue, they'd be cleaning down bus and train seats every time a passenger gets on or off so that reason doesn't hold water at all (surface contact is really something that hasn't been brought into consideration for August 9th reopening and with good reason). Even being uber-cautious though, that would surely satisfy all H&S and Public Health requirements regardless of how stringent they are.

Why is there a row being left empty but this is something that's evidently not being done at other grounds where there is 40% or 50% capacity allowed this weekend? Regardless of seat layout, pulling in 50% capacity with every second row freed up is not possible unless every other row has full seating and there's no way do grounds like fir Park have >1m between rows.

What are the long-standing infrastructure issues within the stadium and why are these only being dealt with, with <1 week until the first game? If they were long standing and know about, wouldn't someone at the club not have the foresight to go 'f**k, this might be a problem when the fans are back'.

2,800 season tickets have been sold. Well down on last year at this point and honestly? Who can fucking blame anyone who doesn't want to buy one at this point? You can argue that we are victims of circumstance and we are in some of the issues but on the surface of it, we've done pitifully little to actually fix issues we've seen well in advance or be proactive.

Really quite pissed off at how little the people running the club are actually doing here to resolve this and a mewling 'we're trying out best, honest' statement with no actual plan other than 'leave it in the lap of the government until 9th August' most definitely doesn't cut it.