The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

as a matter of intrest what would be your complaint if true 

Does that really require an explanation? Can you show me on the club website where it says we will have preferential treatment for one ST holder over another? Really, you need me to explain my concern to you? Nah, no-one can be that daft.

Edit to add: From a club who seem to be left far behind other clubs in getting fans in, who couldn’t exclude 500 successful Pars game fans from a shot at the Partick game, who are currently still fcuking up ST renewals… to then implement this? All season ticket holders are equal, but some are more equal than others… you need the problem explained? Fcuk me.

Edited by pozbaird

4 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

as a matter of intrest what would be your complaint if true 

I'm a fully paid up SMiSA member but that should have no bearing whatsoever on my season ticket status and position in any ballot.

There is absolutely no way that if I have a season ticket, I or anyone else should be granted preferential treatment over any other season ticket holder because of my membership status with the organisation. We've both paid the season ticket for the same reason and to the same end and if the club want to actively drive ST holders away, this would be a good start.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I'm a fully paid up SMiSA member but that should have no bearing whatsoever on my season ticket status and position in any ballot.

There is absolutely no way that if I have a season ticket, I or anyone else should be granted preferential treatment over any other season ticket holder because of my membership status with the organisation. We've both paid the season ticket for the same reason and to the same end and if the club want to actively drive ST holders away, this would be a good start.

Sense at last.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Does that really require an explanation? Can you show me on the club website where it says we will have preferential treatment for one ST holder over another? Really, you need me to explain my concern to you? Nah, no-one can be that daft.

I'm a season ticket holder did not get in to the Dunfermline or Thistle game.  Certainly don't see a problem with a  gesture to SMISA members who have brought the club into safe hands forever more with their hard earned cash. Its a one off thank you if true.  Your right in that there is no difference between season ticket holders. 

Just now, ZingaliMan said:

I'm a season ticket holder did not get in to the Dunfermline or Thistle game.  Certainly don't see a problem with a  gesture to SMISA members who have brought the club into safe hands forever more with their hard earned cash. Its a one off thank you if true.  Your right in that there is no difference between season ticket holders. 

Absolutely no problem if the club want to do something for SMiSA members, but NOT at the expense of anyone else. It’s very, very simple, as djchapsticks has eloquently and simply explained.

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

That would perhaps be palatable if the club were doing it on a strictly round-robin basis and those selected for the Hearts game were picked under the proviso that they were 100% excluded from the next game to give everyone else not eligible their fair shout.

As the club doesn't have that type of system in place though, then absolutely no chance.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That would perhaps be palatable if the club were doing it on a strictly round-robin basis and those selected for the Hearts game were picked under the proviso that they were 100% excluded from the next game to give everyone else not eligible their fair shout.

As the club doesn't have that type of system in place though, then absolutely no chance.

Surely to goodness the only home league game we will have affected by this will be the Aug 7 game? Even cautious Krankie cannot keep this game  up any longer.

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Surely to goodness the only home league game we will have affected by this will be the Aug 7 game? Even cautious Krankie cannot keep this game  up any longer.

You'd think so but I was pretty alarmed by the language used last week following the Thistle announcement that we'd be 'continuing to work towards a proposal that will see more fans allowed in for future games'.

I mean, surely there's heehaw to 'work towards' if crowds are allowed in after 9th but I admit I'm quite nervy with that wording.

It would be extremely short-sighted and unfair if the club were to do this, given the current situation regarding both Covid restrictions and the season ticket issues.

My guess that the "rumour" is  more shit stirring through social media for whatever reason. 

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

A gree with you on the current system I was hugely disappointed not to get into our last two games. This needs to be fixed for the future.  Call me selfish but I will bow and clasp my hands for a ticket.  There is no easy winner's during these restrictions. 

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You'd think so but I was pretty alarmed by the language used last week following the Thistle announcement that we'd be 'continuing to work towards a proposal that will see more fans allowed in for future games'.

I mean, surely there's heehaw to 'work towards' if crowds are allowed in after 9th but I admit I'm quite nervy with that wording.

Frankly, the only language I’m interested in is the Scottish Government’s language as we head towards August 9th. Their language has been clear - level 0 allows 2000 people in outdoor seated venues, with the ability to apply to the relevant local authority for a higher figure. If approved by the local authority, Scot Gov will not intervene.

The fact we had 500, then 1039 still galls. The inability, or unwillingness, to have a single supporter in that big main stand is, in my opinion, nothing short of disgraceful.

My opinion on St Mirren’s ‘language’ is best kept to myself.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Frankly, the only language I’m interested in is the Scottish Government’s language as we head towards August 9th. Their language has been clear - level 0 allows 2000 people in outdoor seated venues, with the ability to apply to the relevant local authority for a higher figure. If approved by the local authority, Scot Gov will not intervene.

The fact we had 500, then 1039 still galls. The inability, or unwillingness, to have a single supporter in that big main stand is, in my opinion, nothing short of disgraceful.

My opinion on St Mirren’s ‘language’ is best kept to myself.

Which is why I'm fucking baffled at recent happenings.

Wee romour SMISA members to get priority for the Hearts game as a thank you gesture . Jeez might actually get to the game. 

Brutal rumour. Most other clubs have secured enough capacity for their season ticket holders, we should do the same and there would be no complaints*.

*probably not.

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The inability, or unwillingness, to have a single supporter in that big main stand is, in my opinion, nothing short of disgraceful.

Couldn't agree more. Get the subs and press in the North Stand where there are no STHs and allow those who have purchased STs in the Main Stand to take up the seats THEY HAVE PAID FOR!

im not a smisa member but am thinking of joining on the new fiver a month scheme.i also got a ticket for the pars game but not the thistle game.while i would hate to miss the jambos game  i would totally understand if the guys who have been putting money into the club for 5/6 years were given first dibs.also for those giving nicola  and the scottish government stick i believe it’s renfrewshire council who decide on how many get in.not looking to fall out with anyone over this as we all have different opinions.

8 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

i would totally understand if the guys who have been putting money into the club for 5/6 years were given first dibs

I’ve been putting money into the club since 1976.

Edit: …and if someone bought their first-ever season ticket yesterday, and have as yet, never been to a St Mirren game in their life, they should be in the ballot for the Hearts game with me, and every other season ticket holder.

Edited by pozbaird

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Couldn't agree more. Get the subs and press in the North Stand where there are no STHs and allow those who have purchased STs in the Main Stand to take up the seats THEY HAVE PAID FOR!

this is a great post.the press will say they need there laptops etc but their press forefathers managed okay.surely it wouldn’t hurt them to get their pencils out for one game then be allowed access to main stand at end of game to file their reports.

1 minute ago, Buddie Holly said:

this is a great post.the press will say they need there laptops etc but their press forefathers managed okay.surely it wouldn’t hurt them to get their pencils out for one game then be allowed access to main stand at end of game to file their reports.

They could still use their laptops, they have batteries!!! Mobile internet is also very easy to use and cheap.