The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Thought Tanser, Main and Dunne looked particularly good tonight. Defence on the whole looked pretty solid throughout.

Was great to be actually back in the stadium watching a game again too [emoji1303]

30 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

I hope his head hasn't been turned cos I  thought he was poor tonight

I thought he was solid 7/10. calm and composed in possession, linked up with both wing backs and strikers. Decent performance from him. 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Might be my eyes playing tricks or the fact I've never been behind the goals bn tt it looks like the edge of the  park has been AstroTurfed and the pitch is more narrow than usual.

There has been astro turf on the sides since the stadium opened I recall thinking the pitch went right out to It then but was narrowed a couple of years later

2 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Had Connolly stayed at the club I’d have boo’d him on to the pitch at the warm up first game back.

Good shout. I'm actually wondering who is due a good booing this season in general? JDH must have it coming. 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Might be my eyes playing tricks or the fact I've never been behind the goals but it looks like the edge of the park has been AstroTurfed and the pitch is more narrow than usual.

As has been said the entire perimeter of the pitch is surrounded by astroturf  and has been from day one unlike, say, the Saintees whose pitch is surrounded by blaze.

Further, the astroturf extends to the two running areas used by the linesmen. Those two strips are certainly looking the worse for wear.

27 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As has been said the entire perimeter of the pitch is surrounded by astroturf  and has been from day one unlike, say, the Saintees whose pitch is surrounded by blaze.

Further, the astroturf extends to the two running areas used by the linesmen. Those two strips are certainly looking the worse for wear.

Maybe I've just never noticed. My usual seat is 4th row and right on the halfway line so I've never actually noticed. I always honestly thought it was blaes around the park.

It's only been 12 years FFS. :lol: 

Edited by djchapsticks

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Maybe I've just never noticed. My usual seat is 4th row and right on the halfway line so I've never actually noticed. I always honestly thought it was blaes around the park.

It's only been 12 years FFS. :lol: 

Right in front of the Linesman strip :P

Did you not notice when Ian McCall strode over it? :rolleyes:

ETA In all seriousness it is much more noticeable now that the Linesman strip has been been trotted over for the last 12 years and looks pretty bad. However, replacing those two strips of astro will be waaaaaay down the list of the club's priorities.

Edited by Arch Stanton