The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
11 hours ago, Biscuits said:
Yeah St Johnstone fans appear to have turned into arrogant, Billy big baws fuckin experts all of a sudden

RandomGuy is 1 (one) fan.

Yeh but that’s a decent percentage of your fan base isn’t it. 🤪sorry you set that up. 

Just now, buddie06smfc said:

Radford’s post is slightly incorrect. We are making upgrades to our training complex as announced last week and one of those was to move it from Ralston to Blackpool to accommodate Tanser.

Makes sense.

I heard this too. I heard that the quoted price of the upgrades was £75k but we're paying £200k just because we fucking can. 

4 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Radford’s post is slightly incorrect. We are making upgrades to our training complex as announced last week and one of those was to move it from Ralston to Blackpool to accommodate Tanser.

Makes sense.

Is there a market for Celtic memorabilia in Blackpool? 

Got You GIF by memecandy

Edited by Mr. Alli

I don't see the issue here. It is because we have an international airport right on our doorstep, rather than some tarmac chucked in the middle of a field, that has resulted in this transfer as it allows Tanser to commute using the club private jet.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

I've heard we are now owned by a man called Clive.

SMISA had to relinquish their 51% stake in the club to Clive just for the opportunity to grace his client with an offer.

It's a hard bargain but probably worth it.

17 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

emoji85.png

I like RG but he half doesn't make it hard for himself sometimes emoji23.png.

Kiltie played as a 10 recently for Killie, can he play on the left as well? Is he the replacement for Durmus? Good signing on paper.

He's played on the left plenty for us, but I can't think of any time he's been particularly good on the left. If you're going to play him it has to be as a 10 IMO, or else you're not going to get a whole lot out of him.

These do feel like really weird signings tbh. Last season St Mirren picked up lots of young guys that looked like they were on an upwards trajectory in their careers but so far it's all been guys on a very obvious downwards slope, some of whom weren't even that great to begin with.

8 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

These do feel like really weird signings tbh. Last season St Mirren picked up lots of young guys that looked like they were on an upwards trajectory in their careers but so far it's all been guys on a very obvious downwards slope, some of whom weren't even that great to begin with.

Is that true? Tanser, 26, Kiltie, 24, Dunne, 28, Main, 28. I do accept that age isn't the only factor at play here, and that Main and Dunne certainly arrive with points to prove, but I think it looks like we're adding the experience of this level that we have previously lacked in certain areas. 

An experienced CM remains to be added.